• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"AAANnnndddd....???"[/highlight] Darius prompts impatiently, unimpressed. [highlight]"Perhaps you would like to share what you know? Out of the goodness of your heart? Or to alleviate your guilt in this matter? To avenge some slight against you perhaps? Or perhaps you're the owner of this knife and you'd like to get it back?"[/highlight] (Darius motions impatiently at Andrew to show the knife he recovered from the alley.) Then, with a visible effort, Darius shuts his mouth, controls his impatience, and sits down with a stoic expression, determined to wait as long as it takes for Wally to finish a thought. After about 5 seconds, though, he pops back up, orders an extra tall beer, and returns to his seat properly equipped to wait this conversation out.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus's eyes dart fleetingly around the circle of Constables surrounding him, finally coming to rest on Darius who is at just that precise moment rising to retrieve his beer. Wally, sensing that he will not get such a clear opportunity again, takes this opening to dash toward the street! Alarion and Jonas spring into action, and there ensues a brief but violent scuffle, in which the worst casualty is Darius's beer, which offers up its life upon his trousers. When all comes to rest again, Alarion is standing over Wally Alphonsus as Jonas has him pinned to the floor.

Wally says: "Noooo, please, noooo, Constable Sir, that's not it at alllllll!!! See! I knew coming into a human settlement was a bad idea! I haven't even been here an hour, and already you've accused me of horrible crimes and your all beating me!!" You all feel your faces reddening somewhat. You're not sure if you're embarrassed by what Wally said, or just because it's so pathetic to see a grown half-orc cry like that.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Morwyn's mercy, knave! No one is beating you!" Alarion shakes his head in disgust at the simpering. "Pray tell us where the halfling-napped mapmaker is, and who has him, and I swear you shall go unharmed."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Now Wally" says Jonas in a soothing voice that is contrary to the pressure he is placing on the half-orc's shoulder. "You came here to tell us something, and we wantt o know what it is. We don't want to hurt you, but you can't jump up and run like a rabbit, it make us nervous. Now my friend Soulfetter is going to go close the door and stand in front of it. And then I'll let you up. Then I'll buy you a drink and you'll tell us everything you know about the mapmaker. No one will harm you if you don't try to run, OK?"

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Leif said:
Wally Alphonsus's eyes dart fleetingly around the circle of Constables surrounding him, finally coming to rest on Darius who is at just that precise moment rising to retrieve his beer. Wally, sensing that he will not get such a clear opportunity again, takes this opening to dash toward the street! Alarion and Jonas spring into action, and there ensues a brief but violent scuffle, in which the worst casualty is Darius's beer, which offers up its life upon his trousers. When all comes to rest again, Alarion is standing over Wally Alphonsus as Jonas has him pinned to the floor.

Wally says: "Noooo, please, noooo, Constable Sir, that's not it at alllllll!!! See! I knew coming into a human settlement was a bad idea! I haven't even been here an hour, and already you've accused me of horrible crimes and your all beating me!!" You all feel your faces reddening somewhat. You're not sure if you're embarrassed by what Wally said, or just because it's so pathetic to see a grown half-orc cry like that.

Raul will move over to Wally and motion Jonas to let him up. Extending a hand to help Wally off the floor, Raul says, "Here, let me help you up. We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Would you like something to drink? How about some sausage? Darius, bring Wally a beer and a stave. He's probably jittery from hunger. Show him what a nice guy you are."

Helping Wally up, Raul will offer Wally a seat and ask him to sit. "Let's start over, shall we? So where is the little halfling that likes to draw pictures of places?"

[sblock=What timing] on the good cop, bad cop routine.:) [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Leif said:
"Well, good luck with the case! Anyway, I want you to know, my dear, that I'm right here for you, and you can talk to me anytime at all!" says Mattie. The boys have come back with a scroungy-looking half-orc whose walk reminds you a bit of Bocephus, and they soon head to the "Special Squad Room."

Taking one more tiny bite of her stave, and taking her drink with her, Thea moves toward the Special Squad Room as well.

Thea gave a brief but genuine grin. "Thanks for the support," she said- perhaps she might have added more, but she saw her companions arriving with their odd half-orc in tow. As she stood, her smile faded behind a carefully neutral facade, the kind of focused look that Keepstorm players called a "game face". Then she moved off towards the back room, pausing for just a moment to allow Moru to catch up...

(A few moments later...)
As the questioning began, Thea stayed off to one side, letting the others get the questioning started, and paying very careful attention to Wally's responses. If she was surprised by his sudden (and futile) attempt to flee, she didn't show it- but then, anyone who knew her knew how she tried to keep her reserved facade while on official business....

OOC: [sblock]Thea will let the others lead the questioning for a while, and will observe as they do so- as an experienced investigator, she knows that having too many people throw questions at once will likely cause a hopeless muddle, especially with such an emotionally delicate subject. Sense Motive at +9, roll 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1208582) [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: [sblock=Thea]As the questioning continues Thea gets the following impressions: Wally clearly wants something and is nervous being here, but he is determined to see it through. He is very guarded and it is unlikely you will get the whole truth out of him.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Well good Constables, its like this. I normally get paid for information. I can help you out. In fact I think it very unlikely that you'll ever find that halfling without my help." He pauses to try the beer and sausage. The look on his face suggests that he approves, but he says, "Bah, halfling swill, but I guess that's all you can get up here." He downs half the mug and continues talking while chewing a large mouthful of sausage. "First, I didn't come here to be arrested. You want to find that little guy, you gotta treat me with some respect as well as coin."

Remove ads