• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

Fenris said:
"Now Wally" says Jonas in a soothing voice that is contrary to the pressure he is placing on the half-orc's shoulder. "You came here to tell us something, and we wantt o know what it is. We don't want to hurt you, but you can't jump up and run like a rabbit, it make us nervous. Now my friend Soulfetter is going to go close the door and stand in front of it. And then I'll let you up. Then I'll buy you a drink and you'll tell us everything you know about the mapmaker. No one will harm you if you don't try to run, OK?"

[sblock]Wow - events leave you behind when you can only check in outside work hours![/sblock]

SoulFetter will indeed quietly go to the door and close it, then place himself 'twixt it and the wayward half-orc.

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

Observing the byplay Andrew will take a chair close to the half-orc and visable get out his notebook and prepare to take notes.

For the DM's
[sblock]Andrew will cast detect lies on the half-orc[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Scotley said:
"Well good Constables, its like this. I normally get paid for information. I can help you out. In fact I think it very unlikely that you'll ever find that halfling without my help." He pauses to try the beer and sausage. The look on his face suggests that he approves, but he says, "Bah, halfling swill, but I guess that's all you can get up here." He downs half the mug and continues talking while chewing a large mouthful of sausage. "First, I didn't come here to be arrested. You want to find that little guy, you gotta treat me with some respect as well as coin."

"Well certainly you didn't come here to be arrested Wally." replies Jonas "Of course, withholding information from the Constabulary is an offence for which you could be jailed......" trails off Jonas.

"Tell you what Wally, why don't you tell us what you're willing to part with the information for, and the information. I am sure we can come to a reasonable offer. I understand very well the way your line of work operates, and have no problem with the standard rates. But if we pay for information that leads down a wrong path, or if you knowingly sell us false information, we will find you, and you might even make it to jail at that point." says Jonas pulling out his coin purse which makes nice fat jingle as it lands on the bar in plain view of the half-orc.

Scotley

Hero
Wally's eyes light up at the sight of the coin purse. "It isn't a matter of telling so much as leading. You see I'm really more of a guide and hunter. I don't make pictures of places like the halfling. If you want him I can lead you to him. I warn you there will be some danger involved as well have to leave the surface for the depths of the city. I'll have to consider a reasonable fee." He seems to be weighing the coin purse in his mind.

OOC: [sblock=Andrew]So far no lies.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"I know who has him. The dangers are related to where he is. We'll have to pass through some pretty wild parts of the 13th to reach him." He finished off his drink and looks expectantly at the constables. "Now I've given a pretty big hint. I don't think I'll tell you anymore until I get paid."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"We?"
Alarion straightens in surprise, then visibly relaxes. "Are you by any chance stating you will be taking us to him, rather than telling us where he is?" The knight sighs in frustration, trying to stop himself from sneering. ".... after we meet your price, of course."

Scotley

Hero
"I would have to take you. I don't draw pictures of places like the halfling. I can only get there by seeing the landmarks myself. I'm a simple man constables."

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"A business proposition! Well why didn't you say so in the first place. What you're offering has some value of course, but you are by no means our only lead, and you could be leading us into a trap. Mind you, I'm not accusing you, I'm just explaining the risks we're face in dealing with an unknown person such as yourself. You haven't really given us anything by which we can judge your offer's worth. That might be why you're having trouble finding somebody interested in buying your information. At the very least, you should tell us about your history and how you happen to have come upon this information."[/highlight] Darius is mentally estimating how much time would be involved in locating Blacklung and/or re-assembling Krado's notes to determine where the 'great project' was taking place. Darius is also considering whether trailing Wally would be likely to yield any useful information.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads