• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Leif said:
Clean out your ears, human! 15gp paid right now, or I don't lead you to him.

Moru shrugs. "I say pay him," he offers up nonchalantly. "He'll be leading us there, so he's ostensibly going to be in as much danger as we are, right?

"Unless it's a trap, but then he has to worry about Alarion's deep-seated need to smite traitors where they stand, yes?"
The wizard smiles sweetly to the half-orc as he says it, reaching into his pouch to pull out the gold.

Leif

Adventurer
Wally says, "Ahh! So maybe not ALL of you are so difficult to reason with?" Wally lays his finger against his temple to help ease his brain into gear, "You know, I was thinking that we could start first thing tomorrow morning, but after going through all of this nonsense, I'd just as soon get this finished and over with today. What you you think?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"I vote to pay the man as well. If we get into a tight spot and he leaves us hanging, well . . . (OOC: At this point, SoulFetter will let Naberius' gravel slip into his voice, deepening it another octave and giving it a very rough edge) let's just say I don't appreciate people posing as my allies, however tenuous, and then betraying that arrangement. Once bought, folks should stay bought."

Fenris

Adventurer
Jonas fishes out the gold from his purse making a small glinting pile in front of Wally.

"Wally, I have dealt with many information brokers before, I have no problem working with you or your rates. Keep in mind that we can be a very generous employer to those who provide the services they say. And I think we should set out immediately as well. What dangers can we expect and is there any special equipment we should bring to help you lead us" replies Jonas.

Scotley

Hero
"We must pass a giant's lair along the way. Other dangers vary depending on what wanders by. There is some difficult terrain and some climbing involved." He considers a moment. "You lot can't see in the dark can you? Better bring some lights, you'll see no daylight nor even stars where we're going."

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

As the party questions Wally about the mechanics Andrew will ask quietly "Wally, do you know if there are any entrances to the route you propse to take us close by or connecting to the 2nd ward?"

Scotley

Hero
"Oh the lair isn't all that interesting, I've snuck past him several times. He's not that observant." Clearly, Wally is proud of besting such a foe.

He looks at Andrew, "Hey, I'm not going way up town for what you are paying me. This ain't no sightseeing tour. I'm not even sure how to get into the second directly. Besides, Krado's not really that far from here. We'll have to start our journey over in Goblintown, but I don't think our destination is really all that far from here."

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
"Oh the lair isn't all that interesting, I've snuck past him several times. He's not that observant." Clearly, Wally is proud of besting such a foe.

He looks at Andrew, "Hey, I'm not going way up town for what you are paying me. This ain't no sightseeing tour. I'm not even sure how to get into the second directly. Besides, Krado's not really that far from here. We'll have to start our journey over in Goblintown, but I don't think our destination is really all that far from here."

"We should send a note to Iggy," Moru says, digging in his backpack for a piece of parchment. "You know how he gets when we fall off the map."

Parchment half out, the wizard starts chuckling. "Off the map. Heh."

Remove ads