• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
xedr said:
[highlight]"A business proposition! Well why didn't you say so in the first place. What you're offering has some value of course, but you are by no means our only lead, and you could be leading us into a trap. Mind you, I'm not accusing you, I'm just explaining the risks we're face in dealing with an unknown person such as yourself. You haven't really given us anything by which we can judge your offer's worth. That might be why you're having trouble finding somebody interested in buying your information. At the very least, you should tell us about your history and how you happen to have come upon this information."[/highlight] Darius is mentally estimating how much time would be involved in locating Blacklung and/or re-assembling Krado's notes to determine where the 'great project' was taking place. Darius is also considering whether trailing Wally would be likely to yield any useful information.
Wally Alphonsus says, "My history? It shouldn't matter at all that I am the son of a powerful chieftan, because I am willing to guide you to the halfling for the same rate that a commoner would charge to face these dangers. Follow your other leads if you want, but it will be a waste of time. I am the best guide that you will find, and my services are within your grasping hands now." Wally pauses, scratches his head, and looks as thoughtful as a half-orc can. "I thought that you wanted to find this halfling quickly. Perhaps I was wrong about that. I haven't put my information on the open market yet, but you raise a good point. I think I will do that! Then I'll give my information to the highest bidder."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Open market?" The old-fashioned knight had to think for a moment to grasp the concept. "Now wait a moment, knave. The only reason that some other varlet would be willing to pay you for the map-maker's location is to do him harm. THus, unless I am mistaken, you seem to be willing to sell the little man nto his death! What manner of villain are you?" Alarion takes a deep breath, controlling himself with some effort. When he speaks again, he sounds calmer, but there is steel in his voice. "Now I understand you expect to be remunerated for this information. And if due to your efforts, we find him, you shall be. But by my Troth, you SHALL NOT leave here if you mean to profit by his death!"

[sblock]
Unintentional Intimidate Check Brought On By Righteous Anger :heh:
[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Leif said:
Wally Alphonsus says, "My history? It shouldn't matter at all that I am the son of a powerful chieftan, because I am willing to guide you to the halfling for the same rate that a commoner would charge to face these dangers. Follow your other leads if you want, but it will be a waste of time. I am the best guide that you will find, and my services are within your grasping hands now." Wally pauses, scratches his head, and looks as thoughtful as a half-orc can. "I thought that you wanted to find this halfling quickly. Perhaps I was wrong about that. I haven't put my information on the open market yet, but you raise a good point. I think I will do that! Then I'll give my information to the highest bidder."

Raul will smile at Wally, "Wally, how did you come to know the whereabouts of the little halfling that likes to draw pictures of places? What can you tell us to show to us that your information is true?"

[sblock=OOC]Raul diplomacy check for Wally (1d20+9=28) [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Andrew Dresden

[sblock=Andrew's polygraph]You did detect a lie! Wally is lying about his father being a chieftan.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ignoring Raul, Wally addresses the blustering knight. "Now hold on big man. I could as easily sell this information to the little buggers' family. Perhaps they want him back? Halflings are pretty fond of their own I hear. Besides, what do I owe this fool who's found himself in trouble? A man's got to eat, and if I can profit from his current situation I'll do it. In the 13th we have to fight to survive. We can't stand on the high moral ground when we live below the streets. I think you just don't like the fact that someone like me know's something you don't. You're own ignorance is scant excuse to go whacking people with a sword. I should have stayed away from your kind. You keep acting like this and the price is just going to go up!"

Leif

Adventurer
Edelraul Mameir (sp?)

OOC: How can you "diplomatically" call someone a liar?

Wally says, "I don't have to show you anything. There is nothing to gain by turning all of you into my enemies, so why do you think I would lie?"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Wally Alphonsus appears to be growing weary of this idle banter. If he was wearing a watch, he'd be checking it about every five seconds now. Hint: He's just about ready to leave.

"If you can't meet my price of 15 gp, you'd better tell me now!" says Wally.

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"15 gp, paid upon the halfing's safe return to his family, seems reasonable." [/highlight]says Darius. [highlight]"Have another beer and tell us what dangers to expect upon this rescue effort."[/highlight]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Leif said:
OOC: Wally Alphonsus appears to be growing weary of this idle banter. If he was wearing a watch, he'd be checking it about every five seconds now. Hint: He's just about ready to leave.

"If you can't meet my price of 15 gp, you'd better tell me now!" says Wally.

Raul will raise his voice a little, "I say we let Wally go and let it slip in a few bars in the 2nd that we have a new snitch....." Raul lets his voice trail off. Lowering his voice back to normal, once Wally quits ignoring him. "We could front the gold in exchange for some insurance, I suppose. That's easier than arresting Wally for interferring with an official investigation."

OOC: Wally's not going anywhere, and he knows it. He has already tried to leave once and failed miserably. Wally's in no position to dictate terms. And was the previous post a verbal statement or Wally's thoughts?

Remove ads