Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Darius Watson

xedr said:
paralysis (3d6=10) - I think Darius has seven rounds of paralysis left, unless one of y'all already rolled a different number. Darius tries to blink the goop out of his eyes without success. I sure hope this situation isn't permanent he thinks.
OOC: I'm sure Scotley has that down somewhere. He's usually right on top of that kind of thing. Unless he forgets.

IC: For one brief moment, Daris regains sufficient control of his eyelids to get the goop blinked out of his eyes. However, one nostril is completely clogged, and will require extensive excavation. :p

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter kneels next to Darius, making sure his mouth, nose, and eyes are clear of the goop. He then moves to Alarion and performs the same service.

[sblock=Spot Check]1d20-1=1[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: [Sblock=Those who roll 16 or better on the spot check]There is a glittering red stone of some sort among the copper pieces that were inside the cube. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
With a popping sound, this little, puny, disgusting, knuckle-dragging lump with enormous hands and claws appears in a poof of urine-colored, sulfuric-smelling smoke. The creature is mostly obscured by the dissipating smoke. Moru Sen "hears" in his mind the creatures words in a very deep, sinister, and, well, demonic voice, "Yes, Master? You Rannng?"

Moru groans. "I've got to learn better timing," he mutters, even as the creature contacts him telepathically. There's a name involved that he can feel in the contact: Nuckle? Well, it seemed appropriate.

Well, the big block of goop I needed killed went and died already. Not so much fun for you, Moru thinks back to the creature. But before you get sucked back home, might as well have you sweep the immediate area for danger or bounty.

To Thea's question, Moru shrugs. "I don't think it's fatal, but I'm not sure of just how long it lasts. It's a method for them to immobilize long enough to digest, though, which is fairly quick, so I don't expect it's especially long-lasting."

[sblock=OOC]I think maybe quicken spell might have to be Moru's next feat. Burning one of his highest level spells on, essentially, an extra set of eyes is probably not my best resource management choice. But, hey, The Dretch is intelligent, and can communicate, so I went ahead and rolled it a Spot check with Moru's and Retbi's:

Moru Spot: 8
Retbi Spot: 13
Nuckle's Spot: 25[/sblock]

With a nod, the demon sloshes through the gooey waste of the cube's remains, dragging its hands on the ground until, with a toothy grin, it scoops up a gem in one oversized hand, holding it out to Moru.

[sblock=OOC]The Dretch remains for 5 rounds, so it disappears before either of the others regain use of their limbs[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC]The Dretch remains for 5 rounds, so it disappears before either of the others regain use of their limbs[/sblock]

[sblock=Moru]Don't assume that we DM's aren't wicked enough to hit you with more foes while two of your best fighters are paralyzed. :] The gem is a very nice star ruby. To Moru's admittedly untrained eye it looks to be worth at least a 1,000 gp.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Soulfetter moves to check on the two paralzyed party members while Wally contents himself with kicking through the scattered copper pieces looking for more gems. Bruno lopes to Jonas' side tail tucked and not at all happy about being near a demon. Raul and Rahvin hang back near the entrance while Thea avoids stepping in goo. Moru takes the red gem from the demon.

Looking down the passage it is strangely clean where the cube passed. The Demon moves off down the passage to see what else he can find...

OOC: Actions for round 5?

Attachments

• Before_the_Door.xls
    20 KB · Views: 113

Remove ads