Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
Darius assembles his gear (leaving his buckler behind this time), and counts 10 torches total (including the unused torches from the sewer adventure yesterday). Darius eyeballs the sunrods everybody else is getting and wonders "Why the heck am I carrying around this load of firewood?" He recalls Krado's glowing dagger and thinks "I really need to get myself one of those! Who do I know that could cast an everlasting flame on my dagger?" For the moment, he buys two sunrods and leaves the torches next to the fireplace in the front hall. He then double-checks to verify that Wally is still under close supervision.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul admires Alarion's armor

Helfdan said:
Alarion of Tovarre

The doors to the locker room open and in walks Alarion. He wears his polished suit of banded iron cuirass, pauldron, and greaves over chausses and sleeves of chainmail. Over this he wears his tabard. On his left arm is a great kite-shield emblazoned with a silver sword with golden eagle wings growing from the crossguard, on a field of black. His sword is, as always, on his left hip, and a flail is on the right next to the his truncheon. He looks as comfortable in the armor as the others do in normal clothing. "I am ready when you are, my friends!"

As Alarion moves into the room, Raul will rise and grinningly meet him, "Now that's a suit of armor!"

Raul will circle Alarion, oohing and ahhing over the shiny banded mail. "I'll never understand why anyone would want to encase themselves in a barrel, but I admit it does seem to provide you adequate protection."

When behind Alarion, on the rear right, Raul will inhale sharply and point to Alarion's right shoulder, "Ooooo! Look at that scratch! What did you rub against on the way over here?"

As Alarion turns his head to see the spot Raul is pointing to, Raul will wait just a moment before saying, "Just kidding. It looks perfect....for now."

Turning back to the rest of his fellow constables, Raul remarks, "With this much shiny armor and martial weapons on display, we are bound to attract attention as we move to Goblintown."

Raul will survey the room, anticipating comments from the others.

Leif

Adventurer
Almost everyone is ready and gathered now, you're just waiting for the last stragglers to join you so that you can begin your cross-city trek. Jonas remembers that you will not be permitted on the understreet conveyances armed and armored as you are, so you'll be forced to hoof it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter eases back into the room, now outfitted with his oversized Axe, Bow, as well as a couple of huge Throwing Axes. He also purchases a couple of sunrods, tucking them into his haversack for future use.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

The knight smiles at Raul's banter. "This harness has indeed seen me through many a perilous journey... But to tell you the truth, I am trying to gather enough coin to comission the crafting of a full suit of coat-of-plate. As I told you, my father and brothers were set against me departing. This was the best I could afford on my winnings from my last tourney..." His smile tells of a mixture of memories, both sweet and sad, of his homeland.

xedr

First Post
Re-adjusting his ever-present breastplate, Darius eyes Raul wryly. [highlight]"You should consider getting yourself some strong metal between your heart and your enemy's weapons. Perhaps Alarion's overdone it slightly, but I'd rather be in his boots than running around nearly naked like you."[/highlight]

As if to echo his thoughts, Wimsywag yells "Didya hear about the twin monks who were slain for ringing their church bells at 2am? They were dead ringers!! Aha ha ha! <snort> Dead ringers! I love it!! Hahaha <choke> heehee" Wimsywag seems to be having trouble recovering from his glee with that joke, and even Darius cracks a reluctant smile.

Leif

Adventurer
Felderman Wimsywag

"Hey, here's another good one, just for our friends in the audience who work for our government: Why are politicians like diapers? Because they both need to be changed frequently! Hahaha, and for the same reason!"

Scotley

Hero
OOC: If anyone is still wounded please note that you all got a night of rest in. Please update your status accordingly. We're still waiting for a couple of folks to check in. One way or another we are going to move on tomorrow morning.

Remove ads