• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Conversion: 3.x to 4e

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I can say that I've never actually tried "converting" my favorite character, Majoru Oakheart(from whom I get my name here). However, I've reimagined him in every edition (including 4th).

The first game he was in was a hybrid 1st/2nd Edition game. I took him over from a previous player when I first started playing D&D. The group didn't want to wait for the newbie to make up a character so one of the other players gave me his and made up a new one.

He was:
Half Elf 10/13 fighter/rogue

In 3rd Edition I remade him a couple of different times. He was:
4 Fighter/10 rogue
14 rogue
Some combination of swashbuckler and some prestige classes

In 4th he's a 15 ranger, I figure.

the Jester said:
I think the hardest thing in adventure conversion will be finding enough room for all the monsters and pcs to fight.

Hello "clusters" of rooms! :)
Or maybe not - 3E encounters would probably have less members in a fight, so your only problem is that the small dungeon in the adventure actually is one large encounter. ;)

Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Or maybe not - 3E encounters would probably have less members in a fight, so your only problem is that the small dungeon in the adventure actually is one large encounter. ;)

Honestly, that's sort of awesome.

You could do an adventure where each encounter was a seperate mini-dungeon. Just ride through like Ivan the Terrible's Black Riders burning out every Kobold village in the canyon.

Remove ads