Converting Al-Qadim creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 6

First Post
Winemaker genies appear to have no special resistance to alcohol, in fact they seem to have as much weakness to it as mortals.

As such, bumping up their Constitution to 14 doesn't make much sense.

Cleon

Legend
Winemaker genies appear to have no special resistance to alcohol, in fact they seem to have as much weakness to it as mortals.

As such, bumping up their Constitution to 14 doesn't make much sense.

Well I just wanted to give them something different. It says "they are great drinkers" under Habitat/Society, but that doesn't mean they are particularly booze-resistant.

I'd be OK if you all want to cut the Con to a Janni's 12.

Number 6

First Post
Well I just wanted to give them something different. It says "they are great drinkers" under Habitat/Society, but that doesn't mean they are particularly booze-resistant.

I'd be OK if you all want to cut the Con to a Janni's 12.
The Habitat/Society text also says:
"Unfortunately, a winemaker tasked genie’s taste for his own work typically leads to excessive drinking and a slow decay of his skills."

If we just want to ignore that for the sake of reasonable Hit Points, which is a perfectly sound excuse as far as I'm concerned, let's do it. I was getting the impression that you guys were taking much of the write-ups as Gospel... but if that's not the case, give Winemakers a Constitution of 14.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Every alignment test I've ever taken has pegged me as strongly chaotic, so read into that what you will. :p

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm not bothered either way, so I'll leave it to you lot to decide.

Fight! Fight!! :devil:
You're really an instigator now, aren't you? :p

Let's cut to Con 12. At 2HD, they're going to be pretty low CR anyway.

The breath weapon looks good! Full-round is probably fair for filling it, too.

Shade

Monster Junkie
No worries. :angel:

Updated.

Suggested manufactured weapon for attack lines? Something heavy for crushing grapes, perhaps?

Caster level for SLAs?

Skills: 8 at 5 ranks
Profession (vintner)? What else?

Feats: Improved Initiative (B), 1 more
Probably something non-combative. Possibly Skill Focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads