• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looks like you've got clearance to go ahead, Shade! :D
*Clunk!*

Man, we just keep dropping those things....

EDIT: Add some lightish armor? Can it use shadowdancer abilities with elven chain? I presume it can afford it...

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
*Clunk!*

Man, we just keep dropping those things....

EDIT: Add some lightish armor? Can it use shadowdancer abilities with elven chain? I presume it can afford it...

So long as its light armour it can use all its rogue and shadowdancer special abilities, the only effect is that it could have a spell failure chance for its SLAs.

Shade

Monster Junkie
While it can use elven chain with its abilities, the mithral shirt is a better fit, as it allows it to utilize its entire Dex bonus and yields no armor check penalty. And it's only a fraction of the price!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Noticed this while forming flavor text...

Drow vampires normally dress in luxurious, but somber, garments and carry both an adamantine dagger and short sword.

Shall we make our sample vamp's weapons adamantine?

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

Noticed this while forming flavor text...

Shall we make our sample vamp's weapons adamantine?

If I remember my AD&D correctly, most drow carried +1 to +5 adamantine-steel alloy weapons. Unfortunately, they slowly disintegrated when exposed to sunlight / taken away from the drow's enchanted caverns for a long time.

So, adamantine weapons are fine by me.

Remove ads