Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So we have close to 20,000 left before adding magical bonuses (that's just the cost of the mithral shirt and adamantine for the weapons). What strikes your fancy?

Cleon

Legend
So we have close to 20,000 left before adding magical bonuses (that's just the cost of the mithral shirt and adamantine for the weapons). What strikes your fancy?

My first thought is making the weapons and armour +2. The shortswords can have a +1 trait - vicious is tempting, since the Vamp has fast healing, but keen, frost or flaming would all be acceptable.

+2 mithral shirt (5100 gp).
+1 keen adamantine shortsword (11010)
+1 vicious adamantine shortsword (11010)

Hmm, that adds up to 27120 gp, which exceeds our budget. Better make it a +1 mithral shirt and making the "off hand" weapon a plain +1 shortsword.

+1 mithral shirt (2100 gp).
+1 keen adamantine shortsword [or vicious/frost/flaming?] (11010)
+1 shortsword (2310)

15420 gp, leaving us 11580 gold. That's more like it!

For oldschool drow, a cloak and boots of elvenkind are practically de rigeur, but it's of less use to this character so I'd rather give him something else in the way of Wondrous Items.

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
I'd definitely liking the keen, and wouldn't mind adding vicious, as we rarely use it.

We could afford both a keen shortsword and a vicious shortsword, but only one of them could be adamantine and it would leave us with 5580 gp.

That's enough one or two minor items like a +1 or +2 cloak of resistance (1000 or 4000 gp), the aforementioned boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, an amulet of natural armour +1 (2000), a handy haversack (2000), eyes of the eagle (2500), gloves of dexterity +2 (4000) or a circlet of persuasion (4500).

I like a circlet of persuasion and a +1 cloak of resistance if we do go for the keen + vicious pairing.

Cleon

Legend
I'll go for that, and I'd prefer the adamantine paired with the keen property.

Agreed!

+1 mithral shirt (2100 gp).
+1 keen adamantine shortsword (11010 gp)
+1 vicious shortsword (8310 gp)
+1 cloak of resistance (1000 gp)
circlet of persuasion (4500 gp)

Total 26920 gp.

Possessions: +1 keen adamantine shortsword, +1 vicious shortsword, +1 mithral shirt, +1 cloak of resistance, circlet of persuasion and 80 gp.

Shade

Monster Junkie
So I went to update it...

...and realized we have Improved Critical (shortsword).

Thus, the keen property is no longer needed. Make 'em both vicious, or put the remaining cash into gloves of dexterity, etc.?

Remove ads