Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's go for martial training.

Well, positive levels become permanent and change HD, so we could just do the same thing for negative levels if we change Necessary Slaughter a little.

freyar

Maybe it should take a week (or ten-day in FR) for the negative level to become permanent. Otherwise, these guys could advance real fast.

How about Intimidate? It's even on the fighter class list, so it's appropriate.

freyar

I'm a little worried about the negative levels converting to HD still, actually at the moment. First, we might want to say that "permanent" negative levels are really HD advancement. Next, when do negative levels normally expire? If they just last forever unless these things get a positive level, I think any negative level will become permanent (because the negative level will always last a week). So, solutions could either be: negative levels last a couple of days but can be "renewed" or negative levels have to last 2 weeks before becoming permanent. Thoughts?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I suppose the "permanent negative levels are really HD advancement" option seems the truest in spirits. What do the rest of you think?

freyar

How about we replace this (from what we have)
These gains persist until the negative level goes away. Negative levels become permanent after one week.
with the following?

"These gains persist until the negative level goes away (is removed by the gain of a positive level). A negative level that is not removed by a positive level for 3 weeks becomes permanent, resulting in advancement by 1 HD."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads