• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I think those ability scores look fine. We might want to bump up Cha if we decide to give them unholy toughness or unholy prowess (Cha to attack and damage rolls, something I gave to the more martial undead I converted from MMII).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

Unholy toughness sounds like a good fit, so I bumped Cha to 13. Do we need to go higher?

Unholy prowess sounds interesting!

Give 'em damage reduction 5/slashing like zombies?

Give 'em a slam attack like zombies? If so, go with 1d10 like the original text or follow the zombie template with 1d6?

Shall we use the Blood Riders as the basic model, tailoring armor, weapons, feats and skills to fit a cavalry-type warrior?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Here we go--it seems I forgot the name, but I like "unholy prowess" better anyway.

Unholy Power (Su): A deathbringer gains a profane bonus to attack rolls, grapple checks and Strength-based skill checks equal to its Charisma bonus. This bonus is already factored in above.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Skeletal horses are good. There are also other undead steeds, I think called gaunts, in FR lore, but those go with other undead cavalry, so I guess we shouldn't rip them off. (Don't know if the CC has them anyway.)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I don't see the gaunt in the CC.

Is Cha 13 enough?

Give 'em damage reduction 5/slashing like zombies?

Suggested armor? Stick with +2 natural armor like Medium Zombies?

Skills: 22 (Ride 11?)

Feats: 3 (Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads