Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleon

Legend
Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus (claw)

Don't like Improved Initiative for them. While they're not slow like regular zombies, I don't think standard Netherese Zombies should be any faster off the mark than a typical human.

My first pick was Great Fortitude, but there's lots of other options - Blind-Fight like a Wight? Alertness like a Wight or Vampire?

I think I'd go for Great Fortitude, it's a good match with their Toughness bonus feat.

So, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus (claw)?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I don't know why they would want to take Great Fortitude. Name a single Fort effect that affects the undead, besides disintegrate.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Listen, Search, Spot work for the skills.

demiurge makes a good point about Great Fort. If not Imp Init, Blind-Fight works.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, good point. Dropping Great Fortitude. I have no problem with Improved Initiative, even if the original didn't say they were any swifter to react than an average human. If it's a sticking point, though, Blind-Fight works for me.

Organization: Solitary or x (2–16)

Advancement: x

CR 3? Despite the higher HD/hp, the lack of dangerous SAs (and less attacks) makes me thing they are no better than a ghast.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
CR 3 is ok. I don't mind either feat. Cleon, does Imp Init feel better if we remember that it's not a bonus feat but a "standard customization" feat for these monsters?

On to the templated version!

Cleon

Legend
CR 3 is ok. I don't mind either feat. Cleon, does Imp Init feel better if we remember that it's not a bonus feat but a "standard customization" feat for these monsters?

On to the templated version!

Not really, no. I feel that only the templated version of these undead is likely to have much variation in its feats.

I'll agree with the problem about Great Fortitude, so I'll back Blind-Fight as the third feat. The notion of them having uncanny senses works for me a lot more than better initiative.

The proposed skills and Challenge Rating 3 are fine by me.

I would think they have no Advancement, like standard zombies of a base creature that advances by character class - although the templated version could either advance by character class or be fixed at the level at which it died, I can see it going either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads