Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'll let Shade make the call on the feat, and I'll agree with everyone on no advancement for the base Neth zombies.

I think the templates should probably stop advancing after becoming zombies since the Lichlord usually appoints other typs of undead as commanders when needed.

Cleon

Legend
I think I prefer II to Blind-fight.

Updated.

Ready for the templated version?

Looks OK, although I'd like tweak the wording of Rebuke Mindless Undead to clarify "Mindless", i.e.:
Rebuke Mindless Undead (Su): A Netherese zombie can rebuke and command undead as cleric of a level equal to its Hit Dice. However, it can only use this ability on undead that have no intelligence score.
Otherwise, on to the template!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sounds good. Updated.

So, for the template, reverse-engineering the monster yields...

+4 natural armor
2 claw attacks (1d4)
Special Attacks: Create spawn, rebuke mindless undead
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/slashing, +2 turn resistance, undead traits
Str +4, Int -2, Cha +2, no Con score
Toughness as a bonus feat.

Did we discuss allowing the create spawn ability to impose the template on those who meet the criteria, and all others become the monster version?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
We were going to make the template somewhat more powerful than the monster, right? In that case, let's drop the Int penalty. And yes on templated spawn. Maybe we want to bump the DR a little or give them some other slight benefit (based on HD?).

Cleon

Legend
Sounds good. Updated.

So, for the template, reverse-engineering the monster yields...

+4 natural armor
2 claw attacks (1d4)
Special Attacks: Create spawn, rebuke mindless undead
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/slashing, +2 turn resistance, undead traits
Str +4, Int -2, Cha +2, no Con score
Toughness as a bonus feat.

Did we discuss allowing the create spawn ability to impose the template on those who meet the criteria, and all others become the monster version?

That's right, I thought we'd settled on the template would be applied to Humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids with 6 or more class levels, those with 5 or less become standard Netherese Zombies.

The claw attacks will need to scale with the base creature's size. We can use the progression of the SRD skeleton.

We were going to make the template somewhat more powerful than the monster, right? In that case, let's drop the Int penalty. And yes on templated spawn. Maybe we want to bump the DR a little or give them some other slight benefit (based on HD?).

They keep their skills, feats and class features assuming there's class or alignment conflict, that should be benefit enough. It also means I'll agree about dropping the Int penalty, since if we gave them one we'd have to recalculate their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads