Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Note that the characters only have to chase it for 1d10+4 rounds. Note also that it is faster than most characters. So the odds of actually catching it are slim.

We could add one of those "regardless of success or failure, a charcter need not save again for 24 hours" disclaimers.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Note that the characters only have to chase it for 1d10+4 rounds. Note also that it is faster than most characters. So the odds of actually catching it are slim.

We could add one of those "regardless of success or failure, a charcter need not save again for 24 hours" disclaimers.
That would probably help a bit.

Cleon

Legend

I think that might be going too far. Didn't the original could make a victim chase it until they dropped from exhaustion.

I'd prefer "once a character successfully saves, they are immune to that silver dog's lure of beauty for 24 hours" so they will probably chase it for at least a few minutes.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm fine with that.

A few more things to address...

Armor Class: 30 (+3 Dex, +x natural), touch x, flat-footed x

+17 natural armor seems a bit ridiculous in this case. Shall we give them unearthly grace like a nymph (they seem to embody "unearthly grace" so it seems a good fit).

That would make it:

Armor Class: 30 (+3 Dex, +9 natural, +8 deflection), touch 21, flat-footed 27

Advancement: x

I'm thinking "none" is fine in this case.

Cleon

Legend
I'm fine with that.

A few more things to address...

Armor Class: 30 (+3 Dex, +x natural), touch x, flat-footed x

+17 natural armor seems a bit ridiculous in this case. Shall we give them unearthly grace like a nymph (they seem to embody "unearthly grace" so it seems a good fit).

That would make it:

Armor Class: 30 (+3 Dex, +9 natural, +8 deflection), touch 21, flat-footed 27

That's a good idea.

Advancement: x

I'm thinking "none" is fine in this case.

It's alright by me, I hadn't given it much thought to be honest.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

A silver dog is 5 feet long, stands x feet tall at the shoulder, and weighs x pounds.

Silver dogs do not speak, but understand x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads