• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Works for me.

Tactics: Yeladons prefer to hit and run, leaving their poison to do its deadly work and relying on their spell-like abilities to keep enemies at bay. Once they have softened up their opposition sufficiently, they abduct the choicest targets to serve as slaves in Dis.

freyar

Sure! Though maybe we should mention the most famous fleshmorph, Yelad, in the flavor text, as one of Dispater's favored minions.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good suggestion. Updated.

Glass Golem
ARMOR CLASS: -2
MOVEMENT: 12"
HTK: 50(1208)
NUMBER OF ATTACKS: 2
DAMAGE: 2-16,2-16
MAGIC RESISTANCE: See Below
INTELLIGENCE: None
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
SIZE: Nine feet tall

The Glass Golem has extremely sharp knuckles which will cause double damage per hit against opponents wearing no armor or leather-type armor. Ring, scale, or chain mail clad opponents take normal damage, but after three hits, the armor will be useless. Splint, banded, or plate armor clad opponents take normal damage but six successful hits will render the armor useless.

If the Glass Golem takes more than 5 HTK damage from a single attack, glass from its body will shatter, hitting everyone for D 2-5.

Glass Golems can be hit with only a +1 or better magical weapon. They are 70% resistant to all spells which cause damage.

freyar

Large? Switch to d10 HD, stick to 12? With the bonus hp, though, I think we could make a case for fewer HD to match the original hp. But I like 12HD anyway. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
The stained glass golem has Str 13, Dex 10, Con —, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 7. It is Medium. Upsizing those to Large (and restoring them to mindless) yields...

Str 21, Dex 8, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1

That's essentially the same as a flesh golem. Does that work?

freyar

Works for me, too. Let's go DR 5/magic and bludgeoning.

Looks like there's death throes.

Go to a more standard type of magic immunity?

Seems like Improved Sunder or some kind of sundering ability, maybe augmented critical.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Something like this?

Rend Armor (Ex): If a bebilith hits with both claw attacks, it pulls apart any armor worn by its foe. This attack deals 4d6+18 points of damage to the opponent’s armor. Creatures not wearing armor are unaffected by this special attack. Armor reduced to 0 hit points is destroyed. Damaged armor may be repaired with a successful Craft (armorsmithing) check.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads