• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from the second edition Monstrous Compendiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Standard linnorm skills:
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim

Standard linnorm feats:
Alertness, Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Snatch
Other feats: Ability Focus, Cleave, Power Attack, metamagic feats

Shade

Monster Junkie
For the runes, I wonder how closely the FRCS rune magic approximates the stuff from the VCS?

(Note: I don't have the VCS, so I have no idea. ;) )

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Note: I don't have the VCS, so I have no idea. ;) )
Neither do I :(

I do have the Northern Reaches Gaz which has rune magic in, but its a my club and I wont get access to it until the weekend :mad:

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Land linnorms are born able to cast transmute rock to mud and mud to rock each once a day. In addition, they gain other powers as they age, each usable three times a day: young--invisibility; young adult--dig; mature adult--polymorph self; very old--stone shape; wyrm--conjure earth elemental; great wyrm--earthquake.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will--fly; 3/day--earthquake, invisibility, move earth, stone shape, summon monster ? (earth elementals only); 1/day--transmute mud to rock, transmute rock to mud. Caster level Xth.

Note that linnorms lost their polymorph-related SLAs in the polymorph errata.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Natural armor bonus?

Damage reduction X

Skills: 144
Standard linnorm skills:
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim

Feats: 5
Standard linnorm feats:
Alertness, Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Snatch
Other feats: Ability Focus, Cleave, Power Attack, metamagic feats

Breath Weapon (Su): 60-foot line of searing heat, once every 1d4 rounds; damage xd12 fire, Reflex DC 25 half. Additionally, a creature damaged by the breath weapon is fatigued. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Caster level for SLAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads