• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
I hate to help you pat yourself on the back, but it is a rather good idea. B-)

Hold on, I just realized it's already got a +4 racial bonus to Survival checks in desert terrain.

It's such a good idea I had it twice! :lol:

It's also got a +4 racial bonus to Hide in deserts.

So, shall we give them 2 ranks apiece in Hide, Ride and Spot, or stick to the previous 1 rank in Hide and Ride and give them 2 ranks in another skill such as Move Silently?

That'd help them ambush enemies.

Skills:
Hide +1* [+5 in deserts], Move Silently +2, Ride +1, Spot +2, Survival +0* [+4 in deserts]

That OK?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That's ok, or we could shift on rank from Move Silently to Ride if Mortis or Shade prefer. I don't mind much.

Mortis

First Post
That's ok, or we could shift on rank from Move Silently to Ride if Mortis or Shade prefer. I don't mind much.
Sorry for the delay.

I'd leave it as suggested, but if we do a separate xytar rider shift the rank to ride for that.

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
We have

Sis’thik tribes have 3d6 × 10 adult members, plus 4d6 noncombatant children. Female sis’thik control the tribes and do all the fighting. The males seem slow and stupid, existing only for mating and drudge work. Females do not reproduce often, considering how much other work they have to do. Most lay a clutch of 2d4 eggs every other year.

Each sis’thik tribe follow a queen with 8 Hit Dice, who receives a +3 bonus to damage rolls. The queen is accompanied at all times by 2d4 bodyguards, each with 4+1 Hit Dice. Each tribe also includes 1d4 shamans of 1dt to 8th levels.

This is fairly close to the SRD lizardfolk if we modify classes and names a bit. Seem right to you?

Gang (2–3), band (6–10 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or tribe (30–60 plus 2d4 bodyguards of 3rd–6th level, 1d4 shamans of X level and 1 queen of 8th–10th level)

Classes: bodyguard=fighter/warrior, shaman=adept, queen is favored class?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads