• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
We have

This is fairly close to the SRD lizardfolk if we modify classes and names a bit. Seem right to you?

Gang (2–3), band (6–10 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or tribe (30–60 plus 2d4 bodyguards of 3rd–6th level, 1d4 shamans of X level and 1 queen of 8th–10th level)

There should be more noncombatants, since the males don't fight. Regular Lizardfolk (and AD&D "Lizard Men") have males and females both fighting.

How about:

Organization: Gang (2–3), band (6–10 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or tribe (30–60 plus 100% noncombatants, 2d4 bodyguards of 3rd–6th level, 1d4 shamans of X level and 1 queen of 8th–10th level)

We should also include their occasional use of Xytar mounts and connection to Blue Dragons, but I think that's better left for flavour text.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That's fine. What level for the shamans, and should we specify a class for them?

By the way, did we decide on a favored class for these?

Cleon

Legend
That's fine. What level for the shamans, and should we specify a class for them?

Well, I suppose we could use something like "1d4 adepts, clerics, or sorcerers of 1st to 6th level".

By the way, did we decide on a favored class for these?

No, I don't think we decided on that. I'm thinking Ranger, or possibly Fighter, since Sis'thik appear to be a martial culture.

freyar

Makes sense to me. I think I'd go for Fighter.

1d4 shaman (adepts, clerics, or sorcerers of 1st to 6th level) sound ok to you?

freyar

LA of +2 seems ok to me.

Since a couple of you seem to have stronger opinions, I'll let you hash out the flavor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads