• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortis

First Post
But as the radiance mephit only has one ability in the entry, we shouldn't need both?

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
But as the radiance mephit only has one ability in the entry, we shouldn't need both?

No argument there. :)

I'd say we go with 6th, since color spray doesn't improve with caster level.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Getting back to the wraithworm....

Medium magical beast?

Here are a Medium constrictor snake's ability scores:
Str 17, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Medium magical beast?
Absolutely

Here are a Medium constrictor snake's ability scores:
Str 17, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2
Those abilities look fine except for Cha, which I would inrease to 14.
And Dex which I would lower to 9 to reflect its lethargy.

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looks like a good start. Here's something else:

Turning Vulnerability (Su): Due to their connection to negative energy, wraithworms can be turned/destroyed (or rebuked/commanded) as undead (with turning resistance?).

Or should we limit it to turning for 1d3 rounds?

Mortis

First Post
freyar said:
Or should we limit it to turning for 1d3 rounds?
I like that, perhaps we could also say that they are damaged by heal spells and healed by inflict spells? Possibly just half effect each as they are not fully part of the negative energy plane?

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Why not:

Negative Affinity (Su): Due to their connection to negative energy, wraithworms can be turned or rebuked (but not destroyed or commanded) as undead for up to 3 consecutive rounds in any 1 hour period. In addition, conjuration (healing) spells do not heal a wraithworm; instead, the wraithworm takes 1/2 the damage normally healed by the spell. In the same way, negative energy spells (such as the inflict wounds spells) heal a wraithworm of 1/2 the hit points they would otherwise cause.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I like it! :cool:

COMBAT: Wraithworms are slow-moving and lethargic, but they don’t rely on speed to catch their prey; they rely on stealth. When they close within striking range, they can attack with blinding speed. A wraithworm’s bite inflicts Id8 points of damage, drains 1d2 levels from the victim, and poisons him with a slow-working but powerful venom that inflicts 3-12 points of damage every hour for the next ld6 hours. During this time the intense, icy cold of the venom at work inflicts a -4 penalty to the victim’s attack rolls, Armor Class, and saving throws. The victim is allowed two saving throws when bitten: the first save, versus spell, negates the level drain if successful; the second, versus poison with a -2 penalty, negates the effects of the wraithworm’s poison.

Energy Drain (Su): Living creatures hit by a wraithworm’s bite attack gain 1d2 negative levels. The DC is X for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. The save DC is Charisma-based. For each such negative level bestowed, the wraithworm gains 5 temporary hit points.

For the venom, should we make it a supernatural ability rather than traditional poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads