Converting Ravenloft for 5e

Agglomérante

First Post
I plan on running the original I6 with the conversion notes and supplementing a few encounters from Expedition.

That's what I ran. If you uncover some cool encounters in that 200-page Expedition beast, please share. I bought it half price in a Halloween sale but 200 pages might as well be 2,000. I just don't have time to read it.

Paraxis

Explorer
Strahd's default could be highly buffed basically give him haste and some extra strength, unless the holy symbol is present and then those things go away.

Agglomérante

First Post
Strahd's default could be highly buffed basically give him haste and some extra strength, unless the holy symbol is present and then those things go away.

Oh, Strahd's default is no problem and needs no buff. The vampire legendary actions are essentially a super haste, allowing a full move with no AOP, an extra attack and bite (but not all three), all while regenerating 20 hp and restoring hp from draining the PCs.

I can't wait to try a full-on attack with this CR13 against my 5th level squirts.

Nebulous

Legend
That's what I ran. If you uncover some cool encounters in that 200-page Expedition beast, please share. I bought it half price in a Halloween sale but 200 pages might as well be 2,000. I just don't have time to read it.

I haven't really read it. Just enough to know, I'm not running this damn thing, it's too long. But yeah, when I've gone over it some more I'll probably start posting some ideas.

Nebulous

Legend
Oh, Strahd's default is no problem and needs no buff. The vampire legendary actions are essentially a super haste, allowing a full move with no AOP, an extra attack and bite (but not all three), all while regenerating 20 hp and restoring hp from draining the PCs.

I can't wait to try a full-on attack with this CR13 against my 5th level squirts.

He'd annihilate them. While laughing. In a superhasted blur of motion.

Agglomérante

First Post
Incidentally, the party should never have made it as far as Strahd's brother's tomb. They actually went straight to Strahd's tomb, following his footprints, but uncovered the teleport trap where the footprints stopped. After testing with a mouse, they unbelievably decided to all jump through at once (thinking they wouldn't be separated). Everybody failed the bend bards/lift gates percentage on the casket, a stat which was at hand with a 2e PHB. I stupidly agreed that one player could drink a potion of giant strength, forgetting that none of the gear teleported with them. That got them all out.

But their true fate should have been languishing in those caskets until Strahd came to dine. It should have been a TPK.

Remove ads