Spelljammer Converting Spelljammer creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd rather leave it as it is. If they really want to fly faster they can always get a spell or magic item.

I don't believe that was the issue. It was more a matter of can they fly too fast? Currently, we have this, lifted from another template...

Speed: A master lich can fly at its base land speed (maximum x ft.) with average maneuverability.

I'd increase the range of the animated dead to 20-200 HD of zombies and skeletons. I feel you need at least a couple of score skeletons to come anywhere near an "army".

That works for me.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm happy with the suggested boost to th earmy, but I'm not clear where we are on the speed at the moment.

Cleon

Legend
I don't believe that was the issue. It was more a matter of can they fly too fast? Currently, we have this, lifted from another template...

Speed: A master lich can fly at its base land speed (maximum x ft.) with average maneuverability.

Oh right.

I'd prefer to cut that out and add a supernatural fly 20 ft. (good) speed with the same "levitate and auto feather fall" properties as a beholder's flight.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Great! I'll get it updated and get a sample going hopefully this afternoon.

Things just got real busy here...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here is 13th-level human wizard using the elite array. I've attempted to arrange the ability scores to somewhat approximate the Fool's.

13th-level Human Wizard
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 13d4-13 (19 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (+3 Dex), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
Attack: Weapon +6 melee (xdx) or weapon +9 ranged (xdx)
Full Attack: Weapon +6/+1 melee (xdx) or weapon +9/+4 ranged (xdx)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Summon familiar
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +9
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 13
Skills: 89 ranks
Feats: Scribe Scroll (B), 5 more plus 2 wizard bonus feats and 1 human bonus feat
Environment: x
Organization: x
Challenge Rating: 13
Treasure: x
Alignment: Neutral evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0

Beginning ability scores: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 8, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13
Int boosted at 4th level
Dex boosted at 8th level
Dex boosted at 12th level

Combat

Wizard Spells Prepared (4/5/5/5/4/3/2/1; save DC 13 + spell level).
0—x;
1st—x;
2nd—x;
3rd—x;
4th—x ;
5th—x;
6th—x;
7th —x.

If we finalize this before applying the template, we could use it for the spectral wizard as well. :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can see putting Con as the dump stat, but that's not what a living Wizard would have liked. Also, the Fool has low Cha, so why not swap Con and Cha compared to what you have? Going further, the Fool has quite high Wis, I'd prefer the 13 there. How about

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8?

That would fit the Fool better, though the Cha is still too high. :confused:

Cleon

Legend
I can see putting Con as the dump stat, but that's not what a living Wizard would have liked. Also, the Fool has low Cha, so why not swap Con and Cha compared to what you have? Going further, the Fool has quite high Wis, I'd prefer the 13 there. How about

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8?

That would fit the Fool better, though the Cha is still too high. :confused:

That looks better to me.

Remove ads