Converting True Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavinRay

Explorer
Here's the lung wang's capsize ability for comparison. Note that the age category ranges are not consistent with the size of the dragon.

Capsize (Ex): A submerged lung wang of young adult age or older that surfaces under a boat or ship less than 20 feet long can capsize the vessel 95% of the time. It has a 50% chance to capsize a vessal from 20 to 60 feet long and a 20% chance to capsize one over 60 feet long. Very old and older lung wangs have a 100% chance to capsize boats under 20 feet long, a 75% chance to capsize a vessel from 20 to 60 feet long, and a 50% chance to capsize one over 60 feet long.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I've attached the icthyodrake's image.

It looks like it could be capable of any of the above options.

Attachments

• Icthyodrake.jpg
    Icthyodrake.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 105

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'll be on vacation for the next week, and I'm not sure if I'll be checking in at all.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not ignoring you. ;)

Feel free to toss around further ideas for these guys and I'll check 'em when I get back.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Unless there are any objections, we'll go with the lung wang's capsize ability.

Looking at its bite attack, it deals almost double the damage of a gold dragon at juvenile age. Thus, I think we should treat its bite attack as a dragon two size categories larger. We could also consider augmented critical for the bite. Thoughts?

RavinRay

Explorer
I'm for the two size categories larger, with a Gargantuan specimen already dealing the bite damage of a Colossal+ dragon. As for capsize, the values above should be for Huge, and then Gargantuan and larger.

Shade

Monster Junkie
How's this (borrowed liberally from the spinewyrm)?

Devastating Bite (Ex): An icthyodrake's primary attack is a bite with its massive, powerful jaws. The damage it inflicts with its bite attack is increased by two steps as if it were two size categories larger than the damage indicated for a dragon's bite on page 69 of the Monster Manual. Icthyodrakes always apply 1.5 times their Strength bonus to damage done with their bite, even when they make a full attack action.

JiCi

First Post
If a icthyodrake looks like a fish and hunts like a fish, why does it have a fly speed ?

About a fixed land speed of 20 feet and progressive swim speed instead ?

For a breath weapon, how about a cone of acidic vapor that deals acid damage (duh) and blinds creatures stuck within the cloud ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads