Core Elements Revised - Horror on the High Seas (Modern)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Lord_Raven88 said:
Okay, my idea wasn't that they are villians or murderers or anything, mearly thieves, I thought it would be interesting to have these two seemingly normal couple be thrown into this situation, over time the other characters begin to suspect that something isn't quite right about these two.

Due to the situation these two natuarally work towards not only saving themselves but the others as well, and if they do manage to acquire the odd trinket along the way, well that's even better.
Okay, I'll allow it. The characters will really have to try to keep up appearances as a married couple though.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Is it just me or does the skill system in the Core Elements seem a bit weak.

Assuming we're using d20 mod skill list, with the limited number of skills points given for each level, it's going to be very hard to meet or exceed the DC checks used in d20 modern. It would work much better if we got the normal x4 multiplier for first level.

Also how are the combat skills going to work? Are we going to be given a list of combat skills? (i.e Brawl, Martial Arts, Firearms etc) also are there any feats required to use them. (I.e. do we need to have the Personal Firearms Feat before we can learn the Firearms skill)

Once I know about this, I'll be able to finalise my character.

LogicsFate

First Post
The DC will be set by the GM probly to the new standards and I'm guess just desribe the way your character fights, and it comes back to the GM for whats applicable again

(Of course I'm just guessing)

Spell

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Is it just me or does the skill system in the Core Elements seem a bit weak.

i'd say: don't worry and let the GM mind to the rules. i am sure if he choose that system, he knows how to handle it :)
i have a feeling idea and role playing are more important than mechanics, but even if i'm mistaken, well, he's doing all the rolls, so...

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Frukathka said:
Actually, I find it to be rather liberating. We are using CER for skills.
Allow me to clarify what I meant, I too like the fact that you can choose any skill without restriction, my only concern was regarding the low amount of skills points, if you're going to adjust the DC ratings for skill checks then this won't be a problem. My only wish was to have the x4 skill points at 1st level.

Remove ads