CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

NEW VEHICLES (thanks to Fatal Error):

MISHIMA HEAVY INDUSTRIES’ ‘GOLIATH’ SUPPORT WALKER.

StarCraft_Goliath_by_Gamewiz.jpg

“Goliath Online.”-Computer start-up message.

The ‘Goliath’ design was stolen by MHI spies from the Diggers Weapons’ R&D facility in Atlanta, and started to produce it immediately after its ‘acquisition’. The ‘Goliath’ design is a mobile weapons platform, designed to provide anti-air and anti-infantry support to assault operations, as well as defensive artillery to mobile bases. The Goliaths are equipped with a Space Skin, which enables them to be used in hostile environments such as atmosphere-less planetoids. Because of this, one of the greatest buyers of Goliaths in the Sol System has been the United Nations Space Command.

Size: Huge (–2 size)
Superstructure: Alumisteel.
Armor: Duraplastic.
Armor Penalty: –4.
Strength Bonus: +16.
Speed: 40 ft.
Hit Points: 200.
Hardness: 10.
Bonus to Defense: +3.
Reach: 10 ft.
Dexterity Penalty: —.
Base Purchase DC: 48.

Standard Equipment Package: Pilot’s Cockpit (Back and Helmet), Comm. System (no slots), Life Support System (Visor), Space Skin (Boots), 2x M-9 Barrage Chainguns (Left and Right Hands), 12 belts of extra ammo (Left and Right Arms), M-87 Talon Missile Launcher (Belt), 8 extra missile packs (Torso and Shoulders).

SALUSIAN COMPANY ‘VULTURE’ HOVERCYCLE:

vulture3.jpg

The first fully hover-depending vehicle manufactured by SalCo in Coreline, the ‘Vulture’-Class Hovercycle makes use of limited anti-gravity technology which allows it to go over very rough terrain without loss of traction or speed (its hover ceiling is 6 meters). This allows it to reach speeds of nearly 230 mph, even over rough terrain, and thus it has become a very popular scouting vehicle used in both military and civilian endeavors. The Vulture is one square wide and two squares long. Military models mount an anti-personnel grenade launcher on the front of the Vulture to give it some fighting capability. Recently they have also begun modifying Vultures to carry Spider Mine deployment systems, for perimeter defense. Some other endeavors, such as the F-SWTI, have modified their Vultures with non-lethal weaponry such as mounted Concussion and Tangler guns.

Rumors abound of SalCo. doing several other ‘modifications’ to those Vultures that are delivered to the Salusian Empire, such as boosted engine output (the ‘Big Engine’ and ‘Engine Rebuild’ Vehicle Modifications), and more powerful weaponry (a belt-fed Railgun (D20F p.72) on a Concealable Weapon Mount).

The Vulture Hovercycle is equipped with a CB radio (which can be upgraded to use Military frequencies with no extra cost on authorized SalCo agencies. That is, if it’s military-issued. If not, this requires a bribe (PDC 15) in authorized SalCo agencies), headlights and a holster for the rider to carry a single Large-sized weapon. The Vulture gives half cover to its driver and passenger.

The following stats consider a ‘civilian’, unarmed Vulture, and so the additional weapons are not factored in its Purchase DC.

Crew: 1.
Pass: 1.
Cargo: 0 lb.
Init: +0.
Maneuver: +2.
Top Speed: 230 (23).
Defense: 9.
Hardness: 5.
Hit Points: 25.
Size: L.
Purchase DC: 37.
Restriction: Lic (+1).

(Optional Grenade Launcher: Damage: By Grenade Type, Range Increment: 70 Ft. , Rate of Fire: S, A. , Magazine: Linked, Size: L, Weight: 12 lb. , Purchase DC: 18, Restriction: Mil (+3).)
(Optional Spider Mine Deployment System (S.M.D.S.): Damage: None, Range Increment: 50 ft. , Rate Of Fire: S, Magazine: 4 Cyl. , Size: Large, Weight: 14 lb, Purchase DC: 18 , Restriction: Mil (+3).)

Spider Mines:
Small Construct
Hitpoints: 1d10+5 (7)
Init:+0
Speed: 20 m
Def: 12 (touch: 12; flat footed:11) (+1 size, +1 dex)
BAB: +0
F/S: 0.125 m³ (stored), 0.5 m³(extended)
Reach: /
SQ: Mine, Damage reduction 10/-
SV: Fort+0/Ref+0/Will +0
Abilities: Str 10 Dex 12 Con - Int - Wis 10 Cha 10
Skills:/
Feats: /
Advancement: /

Mine:
Damage: 15d6
Critical:19-20
Damage Type: Fire/Slashing.
Burst radius: 10ft.
Reflex DC: 15.

These small suicidal drones are one of the most recognized features a Vulture has. They appear as small back mechanical spiders with red plastic on their articulations and top. The Spider-Mine is equipped with a primitive robot brain and a sensor array that prominently includes an IFF discriminator and designator array. The robot brain is programmed with a simple set of commands:

1) Deploy and burrow.
2) Scan for motion.
3) If motion detected, request IFF I.D.
4) If not answered, un-borrow, charge and detonate.
5) If a target is designated by a friendly laser, disregard all other orders and do a ‘4’ on the designated target.

Deploying a Spider Mine from a Vulture is a slow process. After launching it, it takes one full round for it to extend to its full size. Then the Mine will dig itself underground, a process which takes d4 rounds. After that the mine is fully submerged and undetectable by a casual look. A spot check (DC 30) will reveal something is amiss. The Mine will scan a 10 m circle for movement. If a potential target enters its detection circle, it will scan for a friendly signal (this thru an IFF radio signal). If has a negative result it will un-burrow, arm itself (delivering an whistle-like sound which increases in rhythm as it counts down) and attack the target (if multiple targets entered the zone, it attacks the nearest). The spider mine will move (charge is a better description) towards its chosen target (it will move to and enter the square where its target is standing in) and detonate upon contact (a melee touch attack, upon success it will detonate, if it fails the attack it will detonate itself at the end of the round). If a target is painted with a friendly laser (such as the one equipped on the C-2114 Spider Mine Launcher), it will immediately charge the target, disregarding IFF codes.

NEW WEAPON:

SalCo. C-2114 Spider Mine Launcher.

MineLayer.jpg

Damage: None.
Critical: None.
Range Increment: 50 ft.
Rate Of Fire: S.
Magazine: 4 Cyl.
Size: Large.
Weight: 14 lb.
Purchase DC: 18.
Restriction: Mil (+3).

An infantry-adapted version of the Vulture Spider Mine Deployment System, it was designed in mind to provide a rapid perimeter defense and area denial option. Although it appears like a common revolver-style grenade launcher, it has a number of differences that can be easily seen, such as box-shaped ‘chambers’, red detailing and a laser designator. In reality, the boxes (which are launched by the weapon, and fall apart once they clear the barrel) have Spider Mines inside, which extend to their full size in mid-flight (reducing the time they take to deploy to the same round they were launched). The loaded Mines instantly accept the command of the integral laser designator.

NEW RACE:

TSUFURU-JIN.

Tuffles_fighting_saiyans.jpg

Tsufuru-Jin in Gunfight, Picture Taken in Seattle during the 23 Hours.

Long ago the Tsufuru-jin lived peacefully on their planet called Planet Plant. They possessed a very advanced civilization, and lived in high-tech cities across the planet. By contrast, their neighbors, the Saiyans, were a rugged race of barbarians who resided in the wastelands. Living in small clans, the Saiyans were never much of a threat at large, even though they were much larger and stronger than the Tsufuru-jin. For untold centuries, the two native races of the planet lived side-by-side. That is, until the Saiyans decided to attack. The Saiyans declared war on the Tsufuru-jin, and although the Saiyans were physically much stronger, the Tsufuru-jin's technology meant they were on an equal grounds.

But then a factor came in that gave the Saiyans a major advantage. The full moon came up, an event that only happened on the planet once every 100 years. The Saiyans had an ability that made them turn into giant apes called Ōzaru whenever they were exposed to moonlight. In their transformed state, Saiyans became ten times more powerful. After they had all transformed, they easily defeated the Tsufuru-jin. They took over the planet and renamed it Vegeta, after their king. When the Tsufuru-jin were all wiped out, the Saiyans adopted their technology and began to expand into space, becoming a race of space pirates.

A large number of Tsufuru-Jin appeared on Coreline, confused as all Hell for the events happening around them. The massive proliferation of SPBs (and being outnumbered by the amount of Saiyans that appeared as well) made them quite reliant to help anybody during the beginning part of the 23 Hours, and those who made alliances did it only for the sake of survival.
Once the smoke cleared, the Tsufuru-Jin found out that they were nothing but Fictions, and again they were on an equal grounds with the Saiyans in one aspect: they both became refugees from a dead planet. And they were here to stay, for better or worse.

A Tsufuru-Jin is a humanoid built in a compact fashion, on the border between Medium and small (the average Tsufuru-Jin is between five-two and five-five feet tall). They all have the customary Toriyama Fiction ‘rugged appearance’, although they are seemingly more fragile than the Saiyans. Aside from access to more advanced technology, the knowledge to produce and maintain it, and an almost innate knowledge of how to hurt (HARD) a Saiyan (no doubt the result of the war), they are no different from a run-of-the-mill human.

RACIAL STATS:
Tsufuru-Jin are as per rulebook humans, with the following additions:
*Tsufuru-Jin obtain a +2 bonus to all attack rolls involving Saiyans.
*Tsufuru-Jin obtain the ‘Blooded’ Feat for free.
*Tsufuru-Jin obtain a +2 bonus to one technical skill of the player’s choice.

Last edited:

NEW FEATS:

COLLECTOR: You spend so much time and money that on one of your hobbies that you have become an expert on the subject.
PreRequisites: Knowledge (Pop Culture) 5 ranks.
Benefit: Select a single past-time (Comic books, movies and so forth). You gain a +5 bonus on Wealth checks to see if you have an object related to your hobby on hand (see ‘On-Hand Objects’ in Chapter 4: Equipment of the D20 Modern Roleplaying Game). You may attempt these checks for items with a Purchase DC of 12 or lower.
Normal: On-hand Wealth checks can normally only be made for items with a Purchase Dc of 10 or lower.
Special: You must still get permission of the GM’s permission to attempt the Wealth check, and the GM is the final arbiter of the Purchase DC of all items.

GOOD IMPRESSION: You have the gift of gab that can convince people that you know what you’re talking about (even if you don’t). Before attempting a Bluff check, you may first use this feat to try and improve your chances of success.
PreRequisites: Charisma 13.
Benefit: Make a check against your Reputation, opposed by the appropriate Knowledge check. If the target does not have any ranks in the appropriate Knowledge skill, it is instead opposed by an Intelligence check. If you are successful, you gain a +4 circumstance bonus on your Bluff check.
Special: If your are trying to bluff a group of characters, the one with the highest skill or Intelligence modifier rolls for the entire group.

HAGGLE: You are a shrewd bargainer, able to secure deals that no-one else could.
PreRequisite: Deceptive or Trustworthy.
Benefit: When purchasing or selling equipment, you may attempt a Bluff or Diplomacy check with a DC equal to the item’s Purchase DC. If you are successful, you may raise or lower the item’s Purchase DC by 1 point.

POKER FACE: You naturally hide your feelings, thoughts and emotions well.
PreRequisites: Wisdom 13.
Benefits: Anyone attempting a Sense Motive check against you gets a -2 circumstance penalty.

STAGE PRESENCE: You shine when the spotlight is on you.
PreRequisites: Charisma 13.
Benefits: Pick one Perform skill-Perform (acting), for example. You may add your Reputation bonus whenever you make a check with that skill.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time it applies to a different category of the Perform skill.

DEAD TO RIGHTS: The last thing they’ll ever do is pull a gun on you.
PreRequisites: Improved Disarm.
Benefit: After performing a successful disarm against an opponent in melee, you may make a free attack against that opponent using that weapon. If it is a ranged weapon, you do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing this attack.

An enhanced Inspiration list.

-MOVIES: Reign of Fire, The Trigger Effect, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, My Science Project, Atomik Circus, Black Hawk Down, Independence Day, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, Strange Days, Cast a Deadly Spell, Stargate, Aliens, Starship Troopers, John Carpenter's Vampires, Assault on Precinct 13, Escape from N.Y./L.A.
-TV SERIES: X-Files, Special Unit 2, The Unit, Threshold, Ultraviolet, Doctor Who, Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis, Dark Skies, Battlestar Galactica, Nowhere Man,
-FAN FICTION: Undocumented Features [Eyrie Productions], Third Labor [Metroanime], Anime Detective [Pearson Mui], Who Framed Vampire Princess Miyu? [Christian Gadeken], Vengeance And A Half (Fire),
-ANIME: Everything out there. I mean that. (Insofar: Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Gall Force, Tekkaman, and several others).
-COMICS: Territory 51, Desperados, The Losers, 100 Bullets, Aliens Vs. Predator, Gold Digger, Ninja High School.
-VIDEO GAMES: Half-Life [1 and 2], Blood, Unreal (1 and 2), Unreal Tournament (2004, mostly), F.E.A.R., Alien Vs. Predator, FarCry, Rebel Moon.

Ravage_mk2

First Post
Glad to see Coreline survives.

Hi all, I had been keeping an eye on the posts of this setting in another forum, which sadly died a while back.

I posted a so called "Worst Case Scenario" (WSC) based on the Knightrider series on there. While I no longer have access to the actual post, I'll try retyping the gyst of it. Feel free to supply your own WCS ideas.

It was only a matter of time....
With so many timelines co-existing...
Eventually things WOULD step outside their boundaries....

K.A.R.R. Khaos

Setup:

The Foundation(s) of Law and Order are in serious trouble.
K.A.R.R. the black stain on an otherwise presteen record had evolved into a downright threat.
Fielding new abilities it never had in it's original form, the sentient car has sofar taken down(often permanently) a nr of alternates of K.I.T.T and Micheal Knight already.

Hooks:
1: FLAG is suffering from a serious lack of intel on K.A.R.R's new abilities. It's up to the PC's to either try and find out or stopping FLAG's attempts to do so.(either on K.A.R.R.'s behalf or a 3rd faction...) Either way, the PC's will find out just what the new abilities of (these) K.A.R.R are....

2: K.A.R.R's motivations are also a mystery. Sofar the damage has been mostly contained to Alternates of K.I.T.T and Michael, though anyone else that got in K.A.R.R's way also met his fury. Whether K.A.R.R. actually HAS a specific plan, is just "test driving" his new abilities, working on behalf of someone/something else(either willingly or otherwise) are blank spots which FLAG wants filled.

Rather open ended, I know, but that keeps options open.

Another thing I've been thinking about is working with a few things from the G- Gundam series, specificly the Mobile Trace System and one or more incarnations of Devil Gundam causing havoc.

I've never seen a single episode of the series, but that's probably not a big problem.

Glad to see you, dude. Really glad to see you.

As for why I haven't posted anything recently, well.... how to explain it...

RL has kicked me, in the form of a dearly beloved family member departing. So sorry for the lack of stuff, but I'm sure you guys will understand.

Not to say I'm going to stop, but for now inspiration has left me.

An idea for a Fiction artifact:

'The Guide to the Creatures of Zardon', owned by the enemy species to the Salusians, the Zardons (who are currently on a truce with the Salusians, if not outright peace). Although it is 'marketed' as a 'Guide', it is actually a spellbook with a variation of the 'Summon Creature' spell on it.

And only someone like Ben Dunn would create a spellbook that considers the Daleks and the Cybermen as 'minor' summonings.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
marcoasalazarm said:
An idea for a Fiction artifact:

'The Guide to the Creatures of Zardon', owned by the enemy species to the Salusians, the Zardons (who are currently on a truce with the Salusians, if not outright peace). Although it is 'marketed' as a 'Guide', it is actually a spellbook with a variation of the 'Summon Creature' spell on it.

And only someone like Ben Dunn would create a spellbook that considers the Daleks and the Cybermen as 'minor' summonings.

*opens a P2P'ed PDF* *shakehead* Naeth......happens, as it were. These things do not bear calling to any world at all. You know, as opposed to summoning them in the standard fashion. Creating portals or calling gates........*Emphatic shakehead*.

(OOC: Would this be Minor or Major, now? I can't decide.... :\ )

Maybe Major summonings. But it's a spellbook full of them, since the 'other' summonable creatures are Kaiju.

That said, here's a new location of interest.

LOUISIANA-CHILD OF THE MISSISSIPI.

“Louisiana? You mean the Jazz state, right?”, Sumire Kanzaki.

Louisiana, during the 23 Hours, was affected in a very peculiar way. Although there was a large number of Fictions roaming around, CLULESS-induced ‘mental programming’ managed to keep the destruction away from the more historical areas and buildings, as well as some of the more ‘sensitive’ locations, such as the levees, leaving the more modern zones of the state up for grabs. The devastation is pretty hard to calculate by most means, although is easy to notice that a good part of Louisiana has pretty much ‘de-volved’ back to the way it was during the 1940’s or 50’s-since buildings from that time and further back were the only ones left untouched.

Following the 23 Hours, a mass migration of magic-using Fictions occurred. If San Francisco is the most magic-infested city in the United States, Louisiana is the more infested state. As well, some of the more ‘artsy’ Fictions have moved in, and following them was corporations such as Nova Records.

The most high concentration of magic usage in Louisiana is of the Voodoo and Shamanistic/Hermetic variety, with the occasional ‘other’ use of Black Magic (such as the ever-feared Dragon Slave, which took out several major areas during the Hours-and has made Lina Inverse a very hated figure in the state). On the Bajou, there’s rumors of concentrations of Pre-Vanishing Humans (natives of the area and not) that are grouping up to fight against the more powerful magic users (most of them for revenge against damages made during the Hours). As well, there’s a large number of Fiction monsters roaming thru the Bajou, attacking anyone who enters their territories (and occasionally entering any towns and city sectors that are near them). Profitable work on the Bajou is available in the ‘monster hunter/guide’ sector, as well as the occasional field researcher.

Along the Mississippi River, pirates have started to appear, most of them using surplus Riverine Patrol Boats and hover-capable vehicles.

Following is a small list of major cities and the damages that were incurred.

NEW ORLEANS:Downtown destroyed by a Dragon Slave. French Quarters and surrounding suburbs left untouched by Fictions.
BATON ROGUE: Downtown and surrounding major freeways destroyed by Dragon Slaves. Reconstruction effort supported by Kanzaki Heavy Industries and Diggers Technologies (the reason behind this is, as for yet, unknown-possibly as a stronghold to take back Alexandria).
ALEXANDRIA: Overrun by demon-type Fictions.
SHREVEPORT: Downtown and surrounding major freeways destroyed. Currently under martial law.
BOSSIER CITY: Destroyed (N2 weapon, unknown responsible party).
MONROE: Taken over by Saiyans. Currently on negotiations.
FERRIDAY: Destroyed (Uncontrolled Fires).
LAFAYETTE: Untouched by CLULESS. Currently being used as a staging area by the government.
LAKE CHARLES: Destroyed (Giga Slave).

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
marcoasalazarm said:
Maybe Major summonings. But it's a spellbook full of them, since the 'other' summonable creatures are Kaiju.

That said, here's a new location of interest.

LOUISIANA-CHILD OF THE MISSISSIPI.

“Louisiana? You mean the Jazz state, right?”, Sumire Kanzaki.

Louisiana, during the 23 Hours, was affected in a very peculiar way. Although there was a large number of Fictions roaming around, CLULESS-induced ‘mental programming’ managed to keep the destruction away from the more historical areas and buildings, as well as some of the more ‘sensitive’ locations, such as the levees, leaving the more modern zones of the state up for grabs. The devastation is pretty hard to calculate by most means, although is easy to notice that a good part of Louisiana has pretty much ‘de-volved’ back to the way it was during the 1940’s or 50’s-since buildings from that time and further back were the only ones left untouched.

Following the 23 Hours, a mass migration of magic-using Fictions occurred. If San Francisco is the most magic-infested city in the United States, Louisiana is the more infested state. As well, some of the more ‘artsy’ Fictions have moved in, and following them was corporations such as Nova Records.

The most high concentration of magic usage in Louisiana is of the Voodoo and Shamanistic/Hermetic variety, with the occasional ‘other’ use of Black Magic (such as the ever-feared Dragon Slave, which took out several major areas during the Hours-and has made Lina Inverse a very hated figure in the state). On the Bajou, there’s rumors of concentrations of Pre-Vanishing Humans (natives of the area and not) that are grouping up to fight against the more powerful magic users (most of them for revenge against damages made during the Hours). As well, there’s a large number of Fiction monsters roaming thru the Bajou, attacking anyone who enters their territories (and occasionally entering any towns and city sectors that are near them). Profitable work on the Bajou is available in the ‘monster hunter/guide’ sector, as well as the occasional field researcher.

Along the Mississippi River, pirates have started to appear, most of them using surplus Riverine Patrol Boats and hover-capable vehicles.

Following is a small list of major cities and the damages that were incurred.

NEW ORLEANS:Downtown destroyed by a Dragon Slave. French Quarters and surrounding suburbs left untouched by Fictions.
BATON ROGUE: Downtown and surrounding major freeways destroyed by Dragon Slaves. Reconstruction effort supported by Kanzaki Heavy Industries and Diggers Technologies (the reason behind this is, as for yet, unknown-possibly as a stronghold to take back Alexandria).
ALEXANDRIA: Overrun by demon-type Fictions.
SHREVEPORT: Downtown and surrounding major freeways destroyed. Currently under martial law.
BOSSIER CITY: Destroyed (N2 weapon, unknown responsible party).
MONROE: Taken over by Saiyans. Currently on negotiations.
FERRIDAY: Destroyed (Uncontrolled Fires).
LAFAYETTE: Untouched by CLULESS. Currently being used as a staging area by the government.
LAKE CHARLES: Destroyed (Giga Slave).

What with New Orleans and Lake Charles going down, you'd think that this Marvelverse construction company would also be on standby to pick up DiggersTech & Kanzaki slack, yes?

Remove ads