CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Because I'm just feeling vocal about it (house-remodeling frustration, man. Sorry):

The Leviathan is a sort of mobile artillery base vehicle. The turrets it has (including that tank-like one) are to defend the Leviathan once it's deployed (and raise hell while on the move). It's the answer to the Pan-African Covvie Mech: one huge mobile gun.

The Darkwalker is an assault walker, made to deliver a scary picture on the battlefield (I suppose, without a doubt, that they were created by some crazy faction by reverse-engineering captured Spielberg-style Martian War Tripods). It lacks most of the things that make their 'parents' scary (like the shields and the 'heat beam'), but are still quite a thing.

Last edited:

And well Still expanding. For now, I'll try to expand on the gear that the F-SWTI can pack.

Here's a rough bunch of them (and equivalent stats-I'd appreciate some help with them):

-Vehicles.

Aside from the standard patrol vehicles (Ford Crown Victorias, Toyota Crowns and Honda Todays-in the Japan case), they have the following:

BladeRunner_Spinner.jpg
The McDonnell Douglas-Ford 'Deckard' Aerodyne Patrol Vehicle (AD-Bright Police Cruiser).

smzspinner.jpg

The Stingray Industries 'Wind' Rapid Aerodyne Patrol Vehicle (faster then the AD-Bright, but can only carry two people. A one-man version (code-named 'Stozwind' ('Magestic Wind') can be armed with missiles for 'hostile encounters').

-Weapons

A variety of batons, from the normal one to shock-fitted ones to 'Sick Sticks' (if hit, must make Fort Roll, DC 18, or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds, as well as vomiting).

Non-Lethal Attack: Concussion Weapons (Pistol and Rifle), Pepperball Guns (automatic paintball gun w/pepper-filled balls), Tasers (contact and Air), Tangler Guns.

Lethal Attack: All standard weapons from the police, and some others like:

-
ampblast.gif
Stingray Industries High-power Battle Grade (HBG) Model-35 Blaster (Falcon .45 (S only) with Charged ('Creature') Setting). Currently being field-tested by Cheyenne's Section Four.

Last edited:

As foir this particular moment, my friends have wanted me to try to focus on trying to add elements of the series 'Silent Mobius' to this thing. Although, in their words, 'there's no need to add the damned Lucifer Hawk, or at least to the caliber that they show up in the series', they still want more SilMob.

help.

I'm not dead, just limping along. I'll have some more things posted up soon.

Until then, well, I'd appreciate an oppinion: what do you think of this setting? Good? Bad? Should I keep going or stop?

And Keyes: if I went on and did something bad with my reply, man, I'm truly sorry.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
marcoasalazarm said:
I'm not dead, just limping along. I'll have some more things posted up soon.

Until then, well, I'd appreciate an oppinion: what do you think of this setting? Good? Bad? Should I keep going or stop?

***Begin Transmission***

IMHO.....? This postapoc C-/Fictionpunk rocks the house. Carry on with it, I say.

***End Transmission***

Last edited:

Morgan Keyes

First Post
marcoasalazarm said:
To Anybody Who Can:

I Need ASAP Some help statting the following two vehicles:

1147371340.jpg

Thank You.

Alright, here's a stab at the Darkwalker using D20 Future rules. I'm working on the assumption of a PL 6 base with some PL 7 components that have been reverse engineered.

Chassis: Gargantuan Deep Space Mecha (D20 Future Tech, pg. 67)

Size: Gargantuan (-4 size)
Superstructure: Neovulcanium
Armor: Darkstar Stealth Armor (Future Tech, pg. 70)
Armor Penalty: -4
Strength Bonus: +24
Speed: 50’
Bonus Hit Points: 500
Hardness: 20
Bonus to Defense: +5
Reach: 15’
Dex Penalty: -2

Standard Equipment Package: Pilot’s Cockpit (Helmet), Copilot Cockpit (Back and Torso), Class III (or IV) Sensor Array (Cranium), Oracle Targeting System Mk. III (Visor), Sensor Baffle (L. Arm), LX-10 Anti-Shock Array (R. Arm), Hand Replacement (Both Hands), Firelinked M-21 Comet Autolaser x2 (Both Hands, from Hand Replacement), Quad AP/PD Laser (Torso), Chaff (Torso), Flares (Torso), Life Support System (Belt), Comm System (no slots), Spider Legs (Replaces previous Leg and Boot Slots), Speed Booster (Spider Legs).

Quad Laser: Damage 3d12 Critical 19-20 Damage Type: Fire Range Inc: 65' RoF: S, A Magazine: Inf Size: Huge Weight: 120 lbs Purchase DC (?) Restriction Military (+3)

(The above is a quick "best guess" for the manned quad gun seen on the rotational ring below the main body. If in keeping with the picture then the gunner is exposed, but should benefit from 3/4 cover.)

-Note that the Comet Autolasers are Firelinked. This option shows up in a couple of PDF products by 3rd party developers. This gives the Autolasers a 12d6 shot with an autofire option.

The above design still has space for options. Specifically 2 open spaces in the Shoulders and 2 in the Legs. Some options:

-Missile/Rocket System in the Shoulders
-Another Speed Boost in the Legs
-Light Fortification (PL 7)
-Move the Chaff and Flares to the Shoulders and develop some kind of Troop Bay for the Torso
-Space Skin
-Structural Enhancement and/or Advanced Diagnostics (PL 7)
-Dexterity Boost

The PL 7 systems I included are:

-Sensor Mk. IV (if used)
-Neovulcanium Superstructure

I'll give this design another go using D20 Mecha.

marcoasalazarm said:
And Keyes: if I went on and did something bad with my reply, man, I'm truly sorry.

No worries at all Marco. You didn't do anything. It's just that I transfered to a new unit recently and was made a squad leader again, so those responsibilites have taken alot of my time.

Ravage_mk2

First Post
***"Gundam Fight.. Ready...Go! ***

Coreline Style.

While the winner of the tournament no longer determines whom governs Earth till the next tournament, it's still a grand martial arts tournament...just with Gundams thrown in :D

And, as could be expected, fighters from all over the world (and otherwise) have signed up for the 1st official Gundam Fight Tournament on Coreline.

As the sheer nr of entrants, including among others: G-Gundam characters, other Gundam pilots, a nr of Sailor Senshi, Kagekidan members and even entrants from Konohagakure, issueing mobile fighters to all of them would bankrupt several countries in terms of the bill.

As such, local, regional and then national elimation rounds will be held to determine whom will enter the finals. These fighters will recieve G-fighters, if they don't have one already, customized to their fighting style and abilities.

GENOM has offered to pick up the bill for these Finals units, requesting the aid of Kanzaki Industries for some of the special customizing that might be needed. Some preliminary (and classified) testing has confirmed that part of the systems involved in the Kobu and Eisenkleid designs are compatible with non Kagekidan members.

Of course, with GENOM being involved, the Knight Sabres are expecting the worst. Whether the company is looking for data for new Boomers or something else is of course unclear. Who knows, maybe they don't HAVE a hidden agenda. The commercial aspects of the tournament should be quite profitable in any case.

Of course, one shadow looming over the event, is the fact that Devil Gundam might show and interest.....

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
marcoasalazarm said:
-MOVIES: Reign of Fire, The Trigger Effect, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, My Science Project, Atomik Circus, Black Hawk Down, Independence Day, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, Strange Days, Cast a Deadly Spell, Stargate, Aliens, Starship Troopers, John Carpenter's Vampires, Assault on Precinct 13, Escape from N.Y./L.A.
-TV SERIES: X-Files, Special Unit 2, The Unit, Threshold, Ultraviolet, Doctor Who, Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis, Dark Skies, Battlestar Galactica, Nowhere Man,
-FAN FICTION: Undocumented Features [Eyrie Productions], Third Labor [Metroanime], Anime Detective [Pearson Mui], Who Framed Vampire Princess Miyu? [Christian Gadeken], Vengeance And A Half (Fire),
-ANIME: Everything out there. I mean that. (Insofar: Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Gall Force, Tekkaman, and several others).
-COMICS: Territory 51, Desperados, The Losers, 100 Bullets, Aliens Vs. Predator, Gold Digger, Ninja High School.
-VIDEO GAMES: Half-Life [1 and 2], Blood, Unreal (1 and 2), Unreal Tournament (2004, mostly), F.E.A.R., Alien Vs. Predator, FarCry, Rebel Moon.

WTH? Independence Day.......?!You do know we need more heavy/mounted energy weapons around here, 'cause it was pretty firmly demonstrated that any civilisation w/out them is more or less utterly screwed (energy shield on Aralla city destroyers)

Last edited:

Remove ads