CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Quick look through the d20 books.. if you were to stat the Marines for Starcraft.. I'd use either the low to mid level thugs (d20 Modern core pg 273-274) as freshly 'conscripted' to those who've served part of their term. Give them the Powered Armour feat for free (for the low level thug) and remove one of the mid level thug feats to compensate for the free feat.
For career soldiers, use the Swat ordinary d20 Menance pg120, and just switch out feats where necessarily. These would be the squad leaders, or more 'elite groups'.
Then for firebats and marauders can add a level or two at most (in whatever class) as they're generally 'better' units, not just due to their equipment.

I'll be putting up the Clone Troopers (Jango Fett Genode/Clones) at some point soon.. with basic trooper, then some kind of training packages/changes for those trained for different stuff (winter troopers, flame troopers, jetpack, etc) and ARCs and leaders.

kronos182

Adventurer
Siege Bike

Originally designed as a UNSC single tread rapid assault vehicle capable of traversing challenging environments while maintaining high speed, control and field dexterity. The Forward-facing armour plate protects the operator while displaying intel for tactical information as well as housing the firing system controls.
For armament, a side-mounted heavy machine gun with spectrum-enhanced visual tracking functionality, designed to target well-fortified enemy strongholds and barricades. Typically deployed in multiple groups to create unstoppable wall of firepower, quickly tearing through enemy defenses.
Cortana is currently using these siege bikes as scouts and rapid response units within her territory, while maintaining a large group for when she plans assaults. A few units have found their way to the black market.
The siege bike is two squares long, one square wide. From the from it provides three-quarters cover, but from all other directions only one-quarter cover.

Siege Bike (PL5)
Crew: 1Passengers: 0
Cargo: 50 lbs
Init: +0
Maneuver: +1
Top Speed: 170 (17)
Defense: 10
Hardness: 6
Hit Points: 20
Size: M
Purchase DC: 27
Restriction: Mil (+3)
Accessories: HUD, GPS, military radio, M268 heavy machine gun
Notes: Reduces all rough terrain penalties by half (or grants +4 to Drive checks). Grants +2 (in addition) to Drive checks on snow, mud and sand.
M268 heavy machine gun uses the stats of M2HB, except with range incr of 150 ft, linked with 200 rounds, +1 to attack roles due to targeting system and doesn't suffer normal penalties for shooting while moving. Doesn't require feat except personal firearms proficiency.

Rumours: The units found on the black market are in pristine condition, fully loaded and fueled, making many wonder how the black market is getting these vehicles. Is someone close to Cortana smuggling them out for the African Liberation Front? Is Cortana releasing them herself? Why?

If it helps, I have the Mongoose "Starship Troopers" RPG. It has stats for several Bugs, including Plasma.

Little setting note (what would you know, finally got to see the whole film on Netflix): Bedford Falls, NY exists on The Line. Bailey Brothers' Building and Loan has expanded, thanks to some nice contributors.

So it's Bailey Brothers Financial & Architecture now.

Well, Hawaii is not *completely* overrun... although one of the islands is now a pretty packed hive run by an Alternate of Sarah Kerrigan ad would do a lot of damage if not for the fact that CLULESS has somehow stopped them from spreading.

Not that it doesn't stops Bugs from popping up here and there, but the full-blown invasion everybody fears has been prevented... for now.

As for, say, Leman Russ vs. Abrams tanks...
abramsvs40ktanks.jpg

And compared to the Land Raider as well.

I guess the bigger advantages they have is, well, the fact that they are full of Space Marines (that are bigger -- take a look at the picture below) and the Lascannon/plasma guns and so on.

rj6hxJC.jpg

One of the obvious results is not only production of more Abrams tanks (and, well, heck, other weapons of war--even ones that are now deactivated), but also working on improving the tech behind them.

So talking railgun main guns and so on.

Last edited:

As for Starcraft D20... well, need to look. Think I once saw on the WOTC threads this conversion for units that was pretty big. Hope to heck I can find a copy of it. Maybe I'll get lucky finding conversions on other forums, otherwise.

kronos182

Adventurer
Well, Hawaii is not *completely* overrun... although one of the islands is now a pretty packed hive run by an Alternate of Sarah Kerrigan ad would do a lot of damage if not for the fact that CLULESS has somehow stopped them from spreading.

Not that it doesn't stops Bugs from popping up here and there, but the full-blown invasion everybody fears has been prevented... for now.

As for, say, Leman Russ vs. Abrams tanks...
View attachment 92545

And compared to the Land Raider as well.

I guess the bigger advantages they have is, well, the fact that they are full of Space Marines (that are bigger -- take a look at the picture below) and the Lascannon/plasma guns and so on.

View attachment 92546

One of the obvious results is not only production of more Abrams tanks (and, well, heck, other weapons of war--even ones that are now deactivated), but also working on improving the tech behind them.

So talking railgun main guns and so on.

The tank on the left in both pictures is a Landraider.. not a leman russ. The one of the right in the first pic is a leman.

Now.. as for mounting a railgun on an Abrams.. that'd take some work.. i mean depending on the tech you pull from.. room for capacitors, reinforcing the turret due to the recoil (a mach 5 to 10 round is going to push back on a tank even with it's mass), although it would save some weight in ammunition.. if you can keep the same space in ammunition, in theory it'd have a larger capacity with smaller rounds that have more punch due to the speed they are now launched at.

True, but the first picture shows some advantages the Abrams has over the Raider, hence why I said that one of the equalizers is the Raider's crew and passengers.

Well, the very first BOLO was a highly modified Abrams with a railgun cannon and two smaller ones on the sides as machine guns.

And the A.I.

kronos182

Adventurer
a piece of Starcraft equipment..

Stimpacks

Stimpacks are an in-field chemical delivery system filled with a variety of stimulants, quite often found in CMC-200, 400 and 600 series armours. These chemicals improve a terran's combat performance, increasing their speed and reflexes. However there are some side effects, with the most notable being cellular degradation.
Each dose increases a terran's speed by 50%, +4 to Reflex saves, and on a full attack action, gains 1 extra attack at their base attack -5. However the user takes 5 hit points of damage, and 1 point of temporary Wisdom damage. Each dose lasts 1d6+4 rounds. Once the effects wear off the user is dazed for 1 round.
Stimpacks are designed for humans and anyone else taking them will gain the benefits for half the normal duration, plus the side effects, but also make a Fort save DC 17 or suffer 1d6 Con damage and suffer a farther 5 points of hit point damage.
Weight: 5 oz per dose.
PDC: 13 for 10 doses Res (+2)

Remove ads