CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Ok, so... crazy idea: Plavsky Particle clouds. Coreline just has naturally occuring Plavsky Particle clouds.

Result: lots of "My Little Panzer" with remote-controlled mini-Gundams all over.

There are also a lot of other fictional particles floating in the atmosphere. Transparent Particles (TraPar). Minovsky Particles. (Non-lethal) Terigen Mists. Just a lot of weird stuff...

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Kronos and Marco, are you the same person? You've been doing this back and for for years, going back since the D20 Modern Gleemax forum.
No, we're quite different, different countries in fact.
Marcoasalazarm started this setting, I just started adding stuff to it. Mostly stats, a few adventure ideas, and the like.
Also was before the Gleemax forum, back when it was on WotC forum itself before Gleemax rebuild.

Last edited:

Ok, so… how would the Feddies feel about factions like ZAFT? We are talking a whole alternate universe thumbing the “No Augments” part of the Federation charter with noses and certain fingers that are not thumbs.

kronos182

Adventurer
Ok, so… how would the Feddies feel about factions like ZAFT? We are talking a whole alternate universe thumbing the “No Augments” part of the Federation charter with noses and certain fingers that are not thumbs.
Feddies as in Star Trek United Federation of Planets? probably neutral and wary.. Highly doubt an alliance as the Federation doesn't like augments. If Zaft approached them in a friendly manner, UFP would probably have non aggression pact, maybe limited trading with very few approved trading companies allowed within their borders officially.
UFP could do humanitarian aid for Zaft if they were attacked by a mutual enemy, but would be tense unless the UFP/Starfleet members that interact are more open than hardliners.

kronos182

Adventurer
Ok, so... crazy idea: Plavsky Particle clouds. Coreline just has naturally occuring Plavsky Particle clouds.

Result: lots of "My Little Panzer" with remote-controlled mini-Gundams all over.

There are also a lot of other fictional particles floating in the atmosphere. Transparent Particles (TraPar). Minovsky Particles. (Non-lethal) Terigen Mists. Just a lot of weird stuff...
I can't same I'm familiar with My Little Panzer.
But the idea of various free floating particles is good and bad.. bad in possible some might cause health issues for some people.
Good in the technologies that rely on them can be used anywhere.
How would some of these particles interacting with each other also work or have unexpected consequences.
Some adventure ideas could be some organizations/criminals that wouldn't normally interact with these now getting access. OR maybe try to control/increase/destroy these particles..
AIM using Gundams.. or what if they try to weaponize free floating Minovsky particles?

“My Little Panzer” is a Tv Trope. It lists all of those instances in fiction where series justify the “serious business” of whatever toy they are selling by making it useful as a weapon in-universe ( ex. Beyblades have summonable spirits, Yu-Gi-Oh cards summon ancient Egyptian magic and are often wired to SAW-style traps, Medabots are military-grade firepower waiting to go Skynet, I guess “Laser Tag Academy” fit with the Laser Tag laser pistol having elemental blast modes) or it’s a “yeah, I just hurt a man with a toy. When people say ‘you could poke your eye out’ with these things, they are understating it” joke.

Ok, cool story ideas. Was thinking of a possible encounter complication of “all of a sudden a Minovsky Particle cloud just wheezed by in a sandstorm and everybody’s visibility and alternate methods to find their way around went to heck.”

kronos182

Adventurer
“My Little Panzer” is a Tv Trope. It lists all of those instances in fiction where series justify the “serious business” of whatever toy they are selling by making it useful as a weapon in-universe ( ex. Beyblades have summonable spirits, Yu-Gi-Oh cards summon ancient Egyptian magic and are often wired to SAW-style traps, Medabots are military-grade firepower waiting to go Skynet, I guess “Laser Tag Academy” fit with the Laser Tag laser pistol having elemental blast modes) or it’s a “yeah, I just hurt a man with a toy. When people say ‘you could poke your eye out’ with these things, they are understating it” joke.

Ok, cool story ideas. Was thinking of a possible encounter complication of “all of a sudden a Minovsky Particle cloud just wheezed by in a sandstorm and everybody’s visibility and alternate methods to find their way around went to heck.”
Roaming Terigen particles can create mutations or augment/mess with mutation someone already has? Weather alerts of some of these types of things are being tracked.. which can lead to other adventure ideas.. protection of weather tracking station, teams studying the weather patterns being affected by such things..
Storm chasers needing transportation/protection.
Terrorist groups sabotaging these tracking/warning stations to allow the adverse affects of these particles affect civilian population or a military/political target.

Terigen Mists are the ones that cause Inhumans to get their powers. When they got released on the atmosphere in the 2010s, two things happened: Inhumans got a boost in population and it turns out that they are poisonous to anybody with an X-Gene.

The version of the Terigen clouds roaming Coreline would not have the “deadly to mutants” effect (seriously, it is one of the parts of that plot point I did not liked) and maybe become a more generic “potential superhero creator” effect (not everybody has the potential for powers to activate… on the other hand, Terigen Mists kill plain humans too, so that effect was also removed… thankfully… or at least when you are exposed to the Terigen cloud out there in an open field and not inside of the “gas chamber” that Inhumans like to use as an initiation).

The risk of walking out of your house in a very windy day and you get superpowers is a pretty odd issue. I guess is typical craziness of the setting.

Remove ads