• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Socius

First Post
Extremely damn cool that was added.

Thanks. The domain can serve as not only a location of interest for an adventure or campaign, it can effectively serve as an informal base of operations and/or transit hub if the PCs and/or their NPC allies get in the good graces of the management (which can be more than just the top two as suits DM tastes). Given the constant influx of AIs from throughout cyberspace there would be rife opportunities for contacts and information gathering.

If enough of the PCs are actual employees then the connection is even easier to establish, a campaign where they're sent out by their bosses for one reason or another, usually to either help out a friend of the management, grab a rare ingredient or recruit someone, or to protect the domain itself.

1) I answered where the Head Honcho of the AoH could be based (Minnesota-last place people would look!).

Especially if low key in a quaint and quiet Lutheran community that until the Vanishing and its aftermath only existed in the minds of certain people and radio listeners.

Last edited:

On a new subject, I was thinking about adding The Four Horsemen-Fiction characters that have joined together to see the world burn-most of them bad as heck even before joining, some a little enhanced, be it training or equipment or something else. And yeah, some of them are Alternates.

War: Brock Sampson
Famine: Liz Sherman
Pestilence: Agent Smith
Death: Anton Chigurh

So.... what do you think?

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
On a new subject, I was thinking about adding The Four Horsemen-Fiction characters that have joined together to see the world burn-most of them bad as heck even before joining, some a little enhanced, be it training or equipment or something else. And yeah, some of them are Alternates.

War: Brock Sampson
Famine: Liz Sherman
Pestilence: Agent Smith
Death: Anton Chigurh

So.... what do you think?

Oy....*shakehead*....Looks like its time to drop a line to the Deca on the mierda profunda (kind of like the JLA.....except Galifreyian society would be odder than us, to be sure (and the end almost never justifies the means...the destruction of the Family of Blood being an exception to the
rule))

The lot of them joining together is a pretty serious thread of pretty apocalyptic proportions... although they probably would be trying to stab each other in the back about 99.5% of the time (The other 5%? That's the Doctor paying a visit).

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
The lot of them joining together is a pretty serious thread of pretty apocalyptic proportions... although they probably would be trying to stab each other in the back about 99.5% of the time (The other 5%? That's the Doctor paying a visit).

As would've been expected..... However, tripping on the DCU mainline for a while.....well, mierda.

Something like the Hours is certain to cause....significant concern on Oa, right? Which leads to such oddities as Zonama Sekot and Mogo ....dating. :D

(Personally, I always saw Sekot as the 'female' in the relationship. Neither of them has disabused me of the notion... yet. Any further detail would "play havoc with the brains of primate-descended sapients" or so I'm informed. Yeah, right. :p).

I haven't gotten pretty far about thinking about DC comics stuff in general, actually, but in conversation with a friend, there were jokes involved that this planet (good ol' Coreline Earth) is so filled with violent maniacs that want nothing more than to be left alone (and many of which can alter reality to as little more than 'I Want My Bullet To Drill Thru That SOB's Head') than Superboy Prime and the Yellow Lanterns attacking here would probably end up as Epic Fail (look it up in TVTropes.org), them gunned down by a bunch of irate bystanders and then have their corpses couped d' graced (sp?), carved up, pissed on and set on fire.

This would especially occur if they land somewhere like Los Angeles or New York or Spain or anywhere Central America.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
I haven't gotten pretty far about thinking about DC comics stuff in general, actually, but in conversation with a friend, there were jokes involved that this planet (good ol' Coreline Earth) is so filled with violent maniacs that want nothing more than to be left alone (and many of which can alter reality to as little more than 'I Want My Bullet To Drill Thru That SOB's Head') than Superboy Prime and the Yellow Lanterns attacking here would probably end up as Epic Fail (look it up in TVTropes.org), them gunned down by a bunch of irate bystanders and then have their corpses couped d' graced (sp?), carved up, pissed on and set on fire.

This would especially occur if they land somewhere like Los Angeles or New York or Spain or anywhere Central America.

Ha, ha. Nice 'Wanted' namecheck there. :D ...And its coup d'graced. ....although the rings of Rage, Greed and the Dead ( Red, Orange and Black) lurking in back might well be more of a problem.

Yeah, they might be, but so far all I've managed to see have been the Yellow/Green Lantern wars (courtesy of a friend's collection-he made an impressive Green Lantern group pic, BTW: GREEN LANTERN CORPS again by ~Zair-dacorus on deviantART )

As for the 'Bullet Twisting' ability that appears on 'Wanted', I was thinking about making it a Feat available to Gunslingers, maybe requiring the 'Bullseye' ability as a prerequisite.

Or maybe that's too lax? Maybe it should have an Action Point usage or something?

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Yeah, they might be, but so far all I've managed to see have been the Yellow/Green Lantern wars (courtesy of a friend's collection-he made an impressive Green Lantern group pic, BTW: GREEN LANTERN CORPS again by ~Zair-dacorus on deviantART )

As for the 'Bullet Twisting' ability that appears on 'Wanted', I was thinking about making it a Feat available to Gunslingers, maybe requiring the 'Bullseye' ability as a prerequisite.

Or maybe that's too lax? Maybe it should have an Action Point usage or something?

AFAIR, Action Points are not incompatible with other requirements, so perhaps 2 AP expenditure and prereq of Bullseye ability?

All right, here goes:

Draft one of:

"Fox: I want you to curve the bullet.
Wesley: How am I supposed to do that?
Sloan: It's not a question of how. It's a question of what. If no one told you that bullets flew straight, and I gave you a gun and told you to hit the target, what would you do? Let your instincts guide you."

'The Gibson Trick': Named after one of its most famous practicioners in Coreline, Chicago-based assassin Wesley Gibson, The Trick is the ultimate, what all Gunslingers with Improbable Aiming Skills aspire: to bend reality *just enough* to put the bullet in their target. Regardless of where the target is. Every time.
Even around bystanding objects. Even if the target dodges. Even if it's on an insane angle.

Prerequisites: The Gunslinger 'Bullseye' Class Ability or similar.
Effect: The character must use 2 Action Points to activate The Trick, after which they must select one target (and only one). Their following shot will ignore any bystanding objects and people in the path and hit the target directly, and will turn up to 90 degrees in any direction once to hit the target.
This ability only affects one bullet per use.

Remove ads