CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Did I miss it because I looked at stuff to fast but has Bubblegum Crisis been represented in this setting at all?

Maybe not as much as it should have. I haven't even gotten around to make a write-up for Stingray Industries, now that I see it. Or T-2 (the section of Tokyo that is pretty much the OVA's version transplanted). Or the Boomers. Or the Hardsuits.... dang, a lot.

Gotta correct that pronto. Thanks for the observation.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Just posting to note that I still am alive and present around here. I've been a bit busy with my own campaign setting/blog and worrying about if my internet will stay online, but I'm not lost yet. :p I will probably be posting some of my work for the setting that I posted over at Wizards of the Coast to this side of the internet when I have the time.

Rappy

First Post
Belatedly: I like the idea of the action point system, I'll work on that.

Well, since I got the okay "no objections" vote to the idea, here is one of the more insane results of Coreline. Only one actual set of stats for now, but I will work on the others.

War of the Raving Reviewers
"I remember it because you won't be able to! *Gunshot*"
-Sound bite from a police investigation of a Glasses Gang battle with the Angry Video Game Nerd

The "eccentric reviewer" had become a staple of Internet life before CLULESS, and the ravaging of the Earth into its new Coreline form did not skip over noticing this. One of the largest bastions of this would by the Glasses Gang, the so-called "rulers of Naperville" that were spawned from the Internet characters portrayed by Douglas Walker and crew. The leader of this rabble-rousing gang, Nostalgia Critic, is a sarcastic gunman who has tendencies that are best described as psychotic. He also has an unnatural ability to survive damage, and almost Bogeyman-like quality to return from that dead that has been attributed to a binding contract with some form of unearthly being (speculations have run from a celestial to the Autobots). Partially the extension of his creator and as such as comedian, the Critic makes reviews of various media as a natural habit. In his spare time, he makes insane ramblings that make little sense, shoots at things that make him angry, and acts as a pseudo-vigilante of his group's turf. Other members of the Glasses Gang include:
  • Nostalgia Chick: The female counterpart of the Critic, known for shouting "Puppies!" at random intervals.
  • Suede: A stylish New Zealander who is familiar with most anime tactics and tropes. Has a small fued with Benzaie.
  • Benzaie: Loves obscure video games, insists on being French.
  • Linkara: An eccentric comic book expert with a flintlock pistol and fedora.
  • Spoony: A sarcastic man whose extensive knowledge of RPG and video game lore helps him when he chooses to help the Glasses Gang rather than himself. Has a MST3K-style robot named Burton.

Their mortal enemy is the Angry Video Game Nerd, brainchild of James Rolfe. Instead of being intentionally funny, the Nerd is aggressive and manic in his hatred of subpar material. He is also somewhat of an equipment expert, holding proficiency in various forms of video game-based weaponry.

Nostalgia Critic (Human Charismatic Hero 2/Fast Hero 2/Gunslinger 6): CR 10; Medium-size humanoid; HD 2d6+8 plus 2d8+8 plus 6d10+24 plus 3; HP 92; Mas 21; Init +2; Spd 30 ft; Defense 20, touch 20, flatfooted 18 (+0 size, +2 Dex, +8 class); BAB +6; Grap +8; Atk +8 melee (1d4+2, pistol whip), or +9 ranged (2d6+0, Glock 17); FS 5 ft by 5 ft; Reach 5 ft; SQ none; AL chaos; SV Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +5; AP 5; Rep +4; Str 15, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16.
Skills: Bluff +14, Craft (writing) +5, Disguise +8, Escape Artist +12, Gather Information +8, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Current Events) +12, Knowledge (Popular Culture) +12, Knowledge (Streetwise) +7, Move Silently +10, Perform (Comedy) +9, Read/Write English, Sleight of Hand +11, Speak English, Spot +13, Tumble +10.
Feats: Die Hard, Double Tap, Endurance, Far Shot, Improved Damage Threshold, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Toughness.
Talents (Charismatic Hero): Fast-Talk.
Talents (Fast Hero): Evasion.
Talents (Gunslinger): Close Combat Shot, Weapon Focus, Defensive Position, Lightning Reflexes.
Possessions: Stylish clothes, pistol (one of the 2d6 damage ones, possibly Glock 17), 2 ammo boxes, various personal items.

Sure, it is. But one thing that is for sure is that Earth and the rest of the galaxy would not stand by and take their 'fate' or the whole Ring War in stride. Heck, they might even run over all of the Corps, with enough mad plans.

As I'm speaking, here's an idea I was planning to sling out:

AVON TECHNOLOGIES:

"If I may have to spend the rest of my God-forsaken life among ignorants, losers and loose cannons, I might as well get *some* kind of compensation out of it, don't you think?"-Kerr Avon in an interview to Times Magazine entitled 'Not Expendable, Not Stupid... And Running Them Over'.

Stingray Induistries, Stark Industries, GENOM Cororation, Diggers Technologies, SalCo., even Stane International they all have one thing in common.... they're out to save the planet or fatten their pockets at the expense of endangering themselves.

Staying alive, it seems, is too complicated for them. Avon Technologies, and its CEO, develop technologies for everybody who hires him-be them these corporations, agencies like NERV, the governments of the Earth and off-world, and even other universes.

Avon, however, is a man who does not considers himself expendable. All of the technologies he develops he also retro-engineers and (secretly) makes a counter for. It is a public secret, this fact-for all of Avon's developments he keeps to himself in several concealed locations and if anybody tries to 'silence' him, it will all be released to the general public. The fact that this could create all kinds of havoc is not lost to anybody-and Avon just sees it (if it ever comes to occur) as his way of having the last laugh.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Sure, it is. But one thing that is for sure is that Earth and the rest of the galaxy would not stand by and take their 'fate' or the whole Ring War in stride. Heck, they might even run over all of the Corps, with enough mad plans.

Oh, y.....Wait. How in the *hell* are we gonna defeat a bunch of ultraloons whose current mission goal appears to be to devastate all life in their home universe.......and conscripts from the ranks of the dead, then? [:D] Of COURSE the Linternas Negras are not gonna be a problem! [:D]

As I'm speaking, here's an idea I was planning to sling out:

AVON TECHNOLOGIES:

"If I may have to spend the rest of my God-forsaken life among ignorants, losers and loose cannons, I might as well get *some* kind of compensation out of it, don't you think?"-Kerr Avon in an interview to Times Magazine entitled 'Not Expendable, Not Stupid... And Running Them Over'.

Stingray Induistries, Stark Industries, GENOM Cororation, Diggers Technologies, SalCo., even Stane International they all have one thing in common.... they're out to save the planet or fatten their pockets at the expense of endangering themselves.

Staying alive, it seems, is too complicated for them. Avon Technologies, and its CEO, develop technologies for everybody who hires him-be them these corporations, agencies like NERV, the governments of the Earth and off-world, and even other universes.

Avon, however, is a man who does not considers himself expendable. All of the technologies he develops he also retro-engineers and (secretly) makes a counter for. It is a public secret, this fact-for all of Avon's developments he keeps to himself in several concealed locations and if anybody tries to 'silence' him, it will all be released to the general public. The fact that this could create all kinds of havoc is not lost to anybody-and Avon just sees it (if it ever comes to occur) as his way of having the last laugh.

"It is a public secret, this fact-for all of Avon's developments he keeps to himself in several concealed locations and if anybody tries to 'silence' him, it will all be released to the general public."

At which point Sourceforge.net and other Hours survivors are dancing in the cubicles........w/joy.

Last edited:

Morgan Keyes

First Post
Back and alota catching up to do it seems...

Woh,...leave for Iraq for awhile and look at all the new posts. Gonna have to do some catching up it seems. Interesting with with the Brotherhood of Nod write-up. I've wondered if it'd be viable to do an RPG setting based on Command & Conquer. Actually, now that I think about it, Nod would make an interesting 'domestic' opposition group in the X-COM setting I keep toying with.

More to follow as I catch up.

Remove ads