Correl: An Element of Origin - In-Character (MarauderX)

MarauderX

Explorer
UPDATE: Kuzma's story has been added, 5-18-04. Feel free to reply...

Hey -
This is the third thread in our 'series', and this one is devoted to in-character discussions. Cyronax kinda inspired me to get started with it, as I would like to keep event history and character interactions separate if possible. Some things will overlap, of course, but it should be a bit more organized this way. To begin with, I will answer a few questions from the other thread below, and added some NPC in-character questions as well.

- Correl Story Hour thread

- Out Of Character page for our game

- Maps Page

Stay tuned to the very first post in each thread (for this thread, it's right here), as I will post summaries of the latest changes here.

~MX

Last edited:

MarauderX

Explorer
Cyronax said:
"A plan....," Dian calmly meets the gaze of the estate's master, and says "First and most importantly: the fire must be put out. Do you have a well?"

Pyotr looks up at you and says "The river is all we have ever needed. We have some pails should you wish to fetch water from the river, but 'tis a risky venture."

Cyronax said:
"Once the fire is done, we must maintain our vigil on the outer defenses of this keep. At the very least we can see what's coming against us, and then fall back to where we are now. Waiting in this place though......I feel blind. The goblins will find us easy targets here Lord Pytor."

"I suppose you are correct," Pyotr says, "I will try to lead my family to do the best they can to help, with your direction. Please feel free to use whatever we have available in our armory, should you need."

Cyronax said:
With that, Dian readies the crossbow he borrowed from Sir Tovas.

C.I.D.

Last edited:

MarauderX

Explorer
Taras clears his throat before speaking, "I could give some cover fire with my bow if you want to try."

"I'm not sure about that," says Pyotr, "the risk is too great. I would rather let the outer palisade burn, as it is already breached to the south and through the barn." He glances out around the room, counting heads, and you both realize that no one is keeping watch.

Pyotr asks, "Darya, my sweet, would you mind keeping vigil from the top of the tower for a bit until we get organized?"
"Only for you," is her reply and she darts up the stairs.

Pyotr turns to the rest of you, his eyes waiting for your ideas.

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
MarauderX said:
Taras clears his throat before speaking, "I could give some cover fire with my bow if you want to try."

"I'm not sure about that," says Pyotr, "the risk is too great. I would rather let the outer palisade burn, as it is already breached to the south and through the barn." He glances out around the room, counting heads, and you both realize that no one is keeping watch.

Pyotr asks, "Darya, my sweet, would you mind keeping vigil from the top of the tower for a bit until we get organized?"
"Only for you," is her reply and she darts up the stairs.

Pyotr turns to the rest of you, his eyes waiting for your ideas.

Realizing that it may be a perilous task to put out the fire, Dian shrugs and smiles; turning to his companions he says, "I think I will follow the young woman to the tower and aid in the watch. I hope I'm not following my own policy overly much (Dian nods courteously to Sir Tovas), but as the sages of my homeland have said "preparedness forestalls calamities." Fetch me if you have need of me."

And with that Dian, with his raccoon dog on his shoulder, ascends the estate's tower.

C.I.D.

Last edited:

... later, after much excitement...

Jerrin, the new companion who despite all logic insists on referring to himself as a "Tall Fellow," walks around the second level of the main house. His wolfhound follows. Jerrin waves his left hand over the bats, rubs some sort of bracelet, and mutters a few words. He looks at the bats closely, then tosses them out the window.
The wolfhound looks on, watching each bat as it goes out the window. Jerrin turns and says, "They didn't look good, my lad. We'll find you something."

MarauderX

Explorer
Pyotr pulls the bandages on his arm tight where a goblin spear had struck him. He asks around about everyone's condition, making sure that no one is close to dying. Though worn down and wounded, the defenders show their determination and strength when they again take positions throughout the homestead per your direction. Darya has decided to stay clear of the top floor of the tower due to a sudden fear of bats, but will be using her bow through the arrow slits on the floor below.

The ancient-looking Kuzma steps up to you and tells you that her powers of healing can do no more, and her acolyte Alfana will assist her to the armory where she will be available to bind wounds and if needed, last blessings.

Pyotr shouts an 'all-clear' after five minutes, and it looks as if you will be waiting for the next thing the goblins will throw at you.

MarauderX

Explorer
Post session 2:
Pyotr asks "how many arrows do we have left? 'Cause it seems like we are almost outta bows to use with 'em. And how many spears and such do we have down there in the main hall? Would be nice to have some extras just in case everyone starts breaking something besides bow strings. Can everyone hear me? Holler if you see something comin'."

Taras, Pyotr's son, is heard from one of the rooms above the kitchen, "I wish they would stop trying to snipe us with those rocks. It's been keeping us from watching their movements to the north. And I could use some arrows over here, I'm down to a dozen."

Last edited:

An hour after sunrise, Jerrin stirs from his meditation.
He walks over to one of the dropped shortbows with a broken string. The halfling mutters a few words, waves his left hand over the bow, and the string becomes whole again. He picks up another and repeats this process.
"We're going to need these."
Then he walks over to the wounded cleric of Pelor.
"We're going to need you, too. This might be tougher." Jerrin closes his eyes, prays, and begins to chant.

MarauderX

Explorer
Post Session 3

Taras walks into the north courtyard after moving another goblin corpse. He speaks plainly to his father, Pyotr, and you over hear him say that he would like to retrieve the horses. Pyotr gathers you close, and Taras is nearly giddy with the need to do something good for his father.

Pyotr says "Go ahead Taras, tell them."
Taras says "Ok. Well. We know the Viper goblins have the horses, which will make them easy to track. They will be easy to catch up to since they can't ride the horses and will be easy to catch up to on the horses we have in the stable. Since the goblins didn't even stay around to fight during the night, I bet they would have less of a taste for a fight in the day. Likely we could catch up to them by the afternoon if we left soon, as they have no means by which to lead the horses."
Pyotr says "And I will pay 20 gold for each horse recovered, as without them we have very little to make our way for the next season."
Taras says " What do you say, are you willing? Either way, I'm going, and we gotta leave now."
Pyotr says "Taras, did you receive healing from Kuzma after her morning prayers?"
Taras replies "Yes, father, and should any that come with me. I am going to saddle up the horses."

With that Taras walks off. Pyotr looks each of you in the eye and says "My son wants to be brave like all of you. I would like it if you would go, and I will stay with the rest in case any goblins should return to hassle us. I think we are safe for now, and would rather you go with Taras to bring back the horses instead of staying here to mull about around here. But again, it's up to each of you. Excuse me, it's time to relieve my wife of lookout on the tower."

Taras walks back through the courtyard carrying a worn-looking saddle. "Ready to go?" he asks, "I'll get the horses saddled up if you want to grab some supplies from inside. But hurry up, we will need to get moving soon. You are coming, right?"

Last edited:

Jerrin looks up from his patient. "Can somebody find Kuzma? Our priestly friend here is still badly wounded. I could do more, but my gifts may be needed later today."

"Taras, let us speak. You idea has merit, but it is extremely risky to leave behind so many of the wounded. The goblins could return at any time, especially if they have scouts to report that we have left the fort. They must know that any survivors will gather forces and hunt them down - so they will likely try to pull together their own reserves and strike again while we are still weakened."

"I understand you wish to catch them on the road, before they get back to their camp. That is a sound idea. The risks of not acting are equally great - if we allow them to regroup, then we would have to flee for the city this morning, carrying our wounded as best we can."

"But, we don't know how far their encampment is or how many goblins are there. What would you do if you came upon it in your pursuit?"

"Look, Taras, I will consider your plan. But first, you must put aside this foolhardy promise to ride off on your own. To do so is to blackmail us into following, since none of good conscience could allow you to ride to your death. Let us make this decision together, you, I, and all of our comrades here. Let us decide on what we shall do and how we shall do it. Let all speak their mind - give us a few minutes for that, and then we will act."

Jerrin lowers his voice so that Pyotr can't hear - "And if the company decides against your plan and you *do* decide to ride off on your own, I will have the vines and roots of the woods bind you and carry you back. Though your father recognizes your courage, in truth he does not need more grief this day. You are worth more to him than all the horses of the plains, and you have proven your valor this night."

"What say you, Taras? Will you hear our counsel before deciding on your course of action?"

Last edited:

Remove ads