• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cosmic Deity power levels in 5E...

That was the fluff from Rappan Athuk, for a particularly important avatar.

Nothing wrong with that as an individual case (particularly for Orcus) although I wouldn't use 666 years as the default banishment for every deity. It certainly wouldn't seem appropriate for a Good Aligned Deity for instance.

That depends on the level of the characters, this is still epic, after all ;)

Precisely. However, as we speak the Official rules only go up to Level 20 and the benefits of epic boons are at best tricky to determine in terms of character levels.

Increasing PC levels beyond 20 and the first problem you'll run into is a lack of monsters for your campaign. Epic Monsters are already incredibly scarce (unless you like Ancient Dragons) so once you have Level 30 PCs you'll have less and less choice. I hope to rectify that in due course at which point allowing Levels above 20 might be more workable.

Any ideas of make player characters Ascension to Divinity without break Level Cap?

Howdy RPWT! :)

Yes I do, in fact its the backbone of my 5E immortal rules that are featured in this new book. Hit Dice is capped at 20 for both NPCs/PCs AND all Monsters...although don't worry you won't need to redesign existing monsters with more than 20 Hit Dice.

I have tweaked and simplified a bunch of previous ideas (quintessence for instance) and added some new ones. But basically after 20th-level you can gain Quintessence from defeating enemies of CR13 or better. Essentially this functions exactly like Experience Points - so its super simple.

Then once you acquire x amount of quintessence you gain the Hero-deity Template, gain xx and get the Quasi-deity Template etc. I have 22 levels of divinity. Monsters also have new Size Templates (for really crazy huge monsters) which are a bit different from the Divinity Templates.

Progress on the new book is starting to get to a stage where I might show something around Christmas time/New Year. But its still a few months off because this is a BIG book (think Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary + Ascension - that big! ) and its got a ton of art.

To Alzrius,

Hey buddy, if you are reading this I finally got Ascension converted into Affinity Publisher so I can now edit the file. The problem is that the punctuation and spacing are messed up on every page (had to change all the fonts). Not a big problem, but a time consuming one. But once I get this new 5E book done a print version of 3E Ascension (with some tweaks and additions) will be a GO!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
To Alzrius,

Hey buddy, if you are reading this I finally got Ascension converted into Affinity Publisher so I can now edit the file. The problem is that the punctuation and spacing are messed up on every page (had to change all the fonts). Not a big problem, but a time consuming one. But once I get this new 5E book done a print version of 3E Ascension (with some tweaks and additions) will be a GO!
Woo hoo! Great news indeed! :D

I can't wait to pick up a print copy of the book!

Woo hoo! Great news indeed! :D

I can't wait to pick up a print copy of the book!

Weirdly I actually can't find a copy of Gods & Monsters on my hard drive otherwise I would finish those and add that onto the print version of Ascension as a bonus thank you. I think I posted the file for free somewhere on these forums so I'll hunt that down at some point.

Really think I have nailed the Gods/Epic/Giant Monsters formula in this new 5E book. I don't want to hype things too much but I think (or at least hope) people might like it. ;)

Downside being lots of pages and you all know I'm not the fastest.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Weirdly I actually can't find a copy of Gods & Monsters on my hard drive otherwise I would finish those and add that onto the print version of Ascension as a bonus thank you. I think I posted the file for free somewhere on these forums so I'll hunt that down at some point.
Oh, that one's easy: it's over here. If you could finish that up, that'd be really great!
Really think I have nailed the Gods/Epic/Giant Monsters formula in this new 5E book. I don't want to hype things too much but I think (or at least hope) people might like it. ;)
Downside being lots of pages and you all know I'm not the fastest.
I'm definitely looking forward to it. 5E isn't my game of choice, but unlike 4E I've dabbled in it here and there, and it's a game I can see myself enjoying (if my weekly group ever decides to give it a shot).

Oh, that one's easy: it's over here. If you could finish that up, that'd be really great!

Got it thanks amigo! :)

By 'finish it up' I mean the gods section that is already half completed - not the monster section...although FWIW this new 5E book actually has four of the monsters mentioned from Gods & Monsters contents page.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. 5E isn't my game of choice, but unlike 4E I've dabbled in it here and there, and it's a game I can see myself enjoying (if my weekly group ever decides to give it a shot).

I can understand that, while I liked 4E myself it might have been a bit too 'gamey' for some.

5E reminds me a bit of 1st Edition in that its relatively simple. In that respect I think it will be good for epic and immortal level play. Looking at some of these stat blocks in the 3E Gods & Monsters pdf and I just think to myself how the heck did I ever work all that out. :unsure:

Remove ads