• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Counter Spell Feats

mkarol

First Post
I remember reading about a Feat that allows a caster to try to counter a spell cast in the current round by forgoing his action in the next. This might have been in MoF, but I do not have that book on me.

Does anyone know of the Feat of which I am speaking and its pre-reqs? Thanks...

officeronin

First Post
The pre-reqs are improved initiative and improved counterspelling. Combine it with spell hawk and the feat from Quintessential Wizard that allows a countered spell to go off, just with the counterspelling casters choice of range.

<The fireball goes off at the caster's feet...>

OfficeRonin

Simulacrum

First Post
In our campaign if there is more than one wizard on the same battlefield it goes like this:
Wiz1: I ready both my normal action with CS and my extra partial action (haste) too!
-
Wiz2: does the same
-
As soon as they see each other:
Wiz1 and 2 both cast slow as a counterspell......
-
and so forth....it's big fun. Wizards who specialize in waiting and countering are much more fun then anything else in this game.
After a while it turned out that from a certain level on, the guy who doesn't have ready action on counterspell or having reactive couonterspell or starts casting non Dispels is going to lose.
If you reach Archmage status with Counterspellmastery you own the field alone through CS. You start to defeat the enemy with their own spells....tooo kewl.
Having won some battles this way makes you feel like the REAL boss in the ring :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads