Pathfinder 2E Crafting Ammunition

CapnZapp

Legend
They already have more than enough inventory to track, keeping lists of stuff so that they know whether they have torches, rope, iron spikes or whatever on hand when they need it during their dungeon crawl, city adventure or wilderness trek.
First off, I have zero problems with a DM asking a player to track supplies if that player enjoys this.

I can only speak of generalities. Such as "a game like PF2 is not geared towards mundane challenges like rations anywhere close to some other, equally worthy, but very different game". Maybe Five Torches Deep; I'm actually not that well versed in low fantasy gaming.

As for your post, I'd agree except that I would by "already have more than enough inventory to track" mean daily abilities, spell slots, magic items. Tracking whether you're still eligible for Battle Medicine the current day, for instance. Or which Talisman you've affixed to which weapon, and if you used it last combat or if it's still available? Which spell is in which slot? Etc etc etc

That is, the life of a Pathfinder 2 hero is maybe already complicated enough even if we completely wipe away every mundane need for accounting, even if we just assume ropes, grappling hooks, winter coats, torches magically appear just when we need them.

In a game not already overflowing with feats, situational bonuses and magic doodads up your wazoo there is much more brain capacity available for tracking gallons of water, number of sling stones, and exactly how many lengths of rope the party has access to.

Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing this. I'm saying Pathfinder 2 perhaps already has you track and account enough things?

Especially when we take into account the exponential wealth of the game. The question of being able to afford most mundane supplies, including food, boarding, your entire standard of living, are entirely trivialized already as early as level 2!

Good luck with your gaming!

Last edited:

Derren

Hero
That could be one way to make firearms different from bows, but its a rather uncommon use case.
Making bullets is very quick and easy. Only making gunpowder is impossible in the field, but can be done in bulk in a mill.

Just imagine how much work it took to supply a army of 1000 archers with enough arrows for a campaign.

Remove ads