D&D 5E Crazy builds for one insane stat

Super high initiative is always fun!
Gunslinger Proficient in Initiative Rolls
Chronomancy +Int
Gloomstalker +Wis
Swashbuckler +Cha
So with 20s in each stat, plus Alert AND ioun stone of mastery and stone of good luck, on top of the Alert feat, you're talking an initiative bonus of +33. (Prof 7, Luckstone 1, Dex 5, Int 5, Wis 5, Cha 5, Alert 5)

If you can't, for some STRANGE reason, score 20 in 4 stats that doesn't even cover Constitution then consider doing it without attributes.
Rogue 11 Gunslinger 7 means you can reliable talent the roll and, with the alert feat, have a +11 to initiative guaranteed to roll 21. (of course if you dex 20 cha 20 and luckstone this becomes 32, mastery iounstone of 33)

Also Bard, jack of all trades or champion fighter. I think all abilities are low enough to fit at least the bard in.
You should also be able to get advantage on the check by some means.

delph

Explorer
One quick build for insane dmg with cantrip(s) (and 2 much higher spell slots :D )
2lvl Hexblade warlock
13 lvl (Shadow) Sorcerer or 10lvl
5 lvl Bard or 5 lvl
Elven for elven accuracy feat
Sorcery initiated for more 2 SP

As always we start with Eldritch Blast ->1d10
20 lvl character -> 4d10
Hexblade curse -> 4d10 + 24
Agonizing blast invocation -> 4d10 + 44
Bestow curse spell upcasted from 5th spellslot (no concentration on spell) -> 4d10 + 4d8 + 44
Spirit shroud spell upcasted from 9th spellslot) -> 4d10 + 16d8 + 4d8 +44
Quickened -> 8d10 + 20d8 + 88 = 222 dmg (before hit/miss/crit corection)

Get advantage for all attacks (shadow sorcerer darkness is the easiest way, but there are many)
Bardic inspiration for d8 for attacks to avoid miss a little more (or just add tu dmg?)
Quicken to do it twice more...

1. Round (best before start battle to save your action economy) - Spirit shroud (quickened) + Darkness (from SP)
2. Round - Bestow curse + hexblade curse
3-7. Round - EB (quickened) + EB...

hit/miss/crit corection - I'm not able to do full math behind it. There are 3 dices advantage to beat 10% chance to crit => 27,1% chance to crit
with 4,5 bonus to avoid miss when you need by bardic inspiration.

and what AC use for reference, when you have base +11 to attack

delph

Explorer
Jump:

Long jump is STR ability/High jump is STR bonus (numbers will be in this order)

Monk - 2 lvl any subclass
Barbarian - 6 lvl Beast (add atletic skill check to jump distance - long and high)
Bard - 10 lvl any subclass
Druid - 2 lvl - any

1st step - STR 20 +5 (20 / 5)
2nd step - expertize on atletic skill -> +17 (37 / 22)
3th step - Jump spell tripled distance -> (111 / 66)
4th step - Guidance 1d4 + Bardic inspiration 1d10 (giving number in atlethic in total 20 - 51) -> (120 - 213 / 75 - 168)
5th step - Step of the wind -jump distance is doubled -> (240 - 416) / (150 - 336) ft

bouncing ball...

delph

Explorer
Number of Attacks

here is describe ho to get 22 attacks in one round. I found it here

And here is copy:
By: Damon_Tor on Giant on the playground forum

This is a simple thought experiment. Rules are: self-cast spells only, no items unless they come from your class somehow. For now we'll exclude summons.

Basic Build:

• Wizard (Bladesinger) 6
  • Fighter (Echoknight) 11
  • Ranger (Gloomstalker) 3
  • Needed ASIs: Magic Initiate (for Eldritch Blast), Metamagic Adept (for Quicken Spell)

When I take the attack action I get 3 attacks. On the first turn of an encounter, I get 4 attacks instead. If I use Unleash incarnation, I get 5. I can replace one of those attacks with Eldritch Blast, which creates 4 attacks of its own, so each attack action gives me 8 attacks. I use action surge to do this twice for a total of 16 attacks. Then I use Quicken Spell to cast Scorching Ray as a bonus action with my 4th level spell slot for another 5 attacks, for a total of 21 attacks. Haste gives me one extra attack, for 22.

(I'm aware this build isn't actually viable for a number of reasons, I was simply getting the number of attacks as high as physically possible as a thought experiment.)

The best I could do with a pure martial build:

• Fighter (Echo Knight) 11
  • Ranger (Gloomstalker) 3
  • Barbarian (Beast) 3
  • Monk (Any?) 3

I could attack 3 times normally per attack action, 4 times if I use my claws, 5 times if I use my claws and it's the first turn of the encounter, 6 times if I use Unleash Incarnation. I can Action Surge to take another attack action, for 12 attacks. Then I use Flurry of Blow and attack two more times, for a total of 14 attacks.

Remove ads