• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

creat special item in ETools

Toll

First Post
hello.
i'm new in there.
and i have question.
how make that items in Etools?

magic helm
+1 to all saves
+1 AC
+1 CON
+ feat combat casting
+ see invisibility

it is possible ?

tnx for help
and sorry for my english...

Therigwin

First Post
Here is your helm

ET Helper exports magic items just fine.

Now, eTools is limited right now to what it can do -

magic helm

+1 to all saves (Yes, eTools handle this)
+1 AC (Yes, eTools handles this)
+1 CON (Yes, eTools handles this)
+ feat combat casting (Nope, eTools does not handle this)
+ see invisibility (Game based effect, does not effect stats, so should be part of the description)

Attached is a zip file with your helm, enjoy. :D

Attachments

• tollhelm.zip
    1 KB · Views: 75

Toll

First Post
Thank you very much and may Farlanghan bless your ways to your destination.
*deep bow*

edit:
its work !! its alive !!
how you do this ??
teach me Master.

Last edited:

Beastman

First Post
hu, perhaps i should take a look into the etHelper exported files. i thought, you can export magic items, but only without in-game-mechanics which are entered into the Armor/Weapon (Special)Bonus Tables.

Therigwin

First Post
Well, it takes Access or Munin.

The basic table structure is info Wonderous Item and info Wonderous Item Bonus (or substitute Wonderous Item for Rod or Ring or Armor or Weapon, you get the idea)

You can use eTools house rules to enter the item, to get it to effect stats, you then use Access or another 3rd party software like Munin. Open the corresponding Bonus table. You then select the item, type of bonus (enhancement, resistance, etc), the amount, the skill or stat it effects. Add a line for each type of bonus the item adds.

I hope that the house rules or Davin's ET Helper one day will allow us to add these items without Access or Munin.

Therigwin

First Post
Check Eric Noah's webpage on links to Munin.

Now, I use Access, since I own it. I have heard it is easier in Access.

My hope is Davin eventually adds it to his Helper so it is easier for people to add items that work.

The other option is to use pure XML. Export an item that is similiar to what you want to make to XML using Davin's ET Helper.

Then use the house rules to make the item and export that item using ET Helper as another file.

Then look at both files in notepad. Copy the info Wonderous Bonus entries from one file to the other and just change the GUID to match your new item. The GUID is what links the bonuses to the item.

That is best I can do for you.

Go forth and have fun. (AND DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST!!!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads