Creating Rock Dragons.

Krishnath

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Basically, because they are the weakest of the bunch, and I did not want to give them overall better mental stats than the weakest of the metallic dragons. Reason enough?

Edit: As for why Int, it seems that Charisma and Wisdom are most fitting for the flavor we have in mind.
A good reason, but I would probably increase the Wis score and reduce the Cha score in that case. Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 10 perhaps?

Gez

First Post
So, it was dropped there?

Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 10 seems OK. Dragons are supposed to be charismatic, and to have keen senses (which means good Wisdom to back them up), but Int is not a necessity, especially for young'uns.

Krishnath

First Post
Gez said:
So, it was dropped there?

Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 10 seems OK. Dragons are supposed to be charismatic, and to have keen senses (which means good Wisdom to back them up), but Int is not a necessity, especially for young'uns.
Actually, now that this thead is back up, I had an epiphany when reading the other dragon entries, and it seems that all other dragons have the same values in Int and Cha, thus I think it would be prudent to give it Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10. What do you all think?

Knight Otu

First Post
Krishnath said:
Actually, now that this thead is back up, I had an epiphany when reading the other dragon entries, and it seems that all other dragons have the same values in Int and Cha, thus I think it would be prudent to give it Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10. What do you all think?
Mostly true, but I believe the white breaks it in a few age categories, and a number of other non-core dragons start with different scores (such as the radiant).

But your thread, your rules. :)

Krishnath

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Mostly true, but I believe the white breaks it in a few age categories, and a number of other non-core dragons start with different scores (such as the radiant).

But your thread, your rules. :)

Another good point.

Anyone else?

Mortis

First Post
Krishnath said:
I'd prefer the suggested Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 10, but could accept Int 10 if we are sticking with 'standard' dragon values.

Regards,
Mortis

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
The Rocks will have the ability to Burrow right, with varying ability?

How about a Web or Grease spell-like effect for the secondary Slate breathweapon? Oil can come from slate (I think) so both fit. What about having a 'shot gun' breath weapon as its primary? On second thought, I'm thinking of shale, which splits rather easily thus my vision of several 'disks' punching holes in armor, shields, flesh, etc.

Rather sci-fi-ey but how about magnetism or a gravity breath weapon? Do some handwaving if you must but lots of metal objects have pointy ends and tend to be heavy. Also having one's weight (or things carried) suddenly increase puts a damper on any fliers and even lightly armored folks.

For the secondary Granite, have the rocks cling to the victim, in effect Web, tho it looks like Petrification (similar to what Mortis suggested). Also the biggest but not necessarily the most powerful.

Possible Pyrite - de-magicafies items like a nasty Dispel Magic or Mord's Disjunction. I see a small dragon with a big *ahem* chip on its shoulder thought to be easy XP to a magic laden party. Tide quickly changes in favor of the dragon.

Sulfur spits out fire that does Cold damage instead and strength drain. After all burning sulfur looks blue to purple. Ok, vague cold connection.

Krishnath

First Post
Mistah J said:
I'm in!

What's next then?
Determening at what age category it will start to cast spells, and wether or not it will be able to cast spells from the cleric list (and three domains) as arcane spells, any suggestions?

Remove ads