Creating Rock Dragons.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I don't know that it necessarilly needs domain spells. While all the metallic dragons have 'em, only the blue and red of the chromatics have domain spells. The other true dragons are a mixed bag as well. You might only want to give 'em to the top two or three, if any. If they are going to be deeply religious or direct servants of a dragon deity, then I can definitely see it.

I'm not giving any of the ferrous dragons domain spells, as none of them had priest spells in 2E. (There seems to be the correlation of the true dragons that have domains in 3E having priest spells in 2E.)

Krishnath

First Post
Shade said:
I don't know that it necessarilly needs domain spells. While all the metallic dragons have 'em, only the blue and red of the chromatics have domain spells. The other true dragons are a mixed bag as well. You might only want to give 'em to the top two or three, if any. If they are going to be deeply religious or direct servants of a dragon deity, then I can definitely see it.

I'm not giving any of the ferrous dragons domain spells, as none of them had priest spells in 2E. (There seems to be the correlation of the true dragons that have domains in 3E having priest spells in 2E.)
Personally I could go either way with the Rock Dragons, but I think it is best if only the three largest would be able to cast divine magic.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? And if no-one has any objections, I will start the spellcasting progression at the Adult age category (Same as the white), allowing it to cast spells as a 13th level sorcerer once it has become a great wyrm.

Mistah J

First Post
I like giving the top end Dragons the domain spells only. I do like the idea of Trickery spells though so perhaps we should focus on those when determining spell-like abilities.

Knight Otu

First Post
Shade said:
I don't know that it necessarilly needs domain spells. While all the metallic dragons have 'em, only the blue and red of the chromatics have domain spells.
So, on the good/evil axis, the good ones all have domains, and the big evil ones have domains.
Now, the ferrous dragons are supposed to become lawful, and none have domains. Symmetry would call for some rock dragons to have domains, then, right? Not as predictable as "the big ones" though...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Knight Otu said:
So, on the good/evil axis, the good ones all have domains, and the big evil ones have domains.
Now, the ferrous dragons are supposed to become lawful, and none have domains. Symmetry would call for some rock dragons to have domains, then, right? Not as predictable as "the big ones" though...

Gez said:
Why not the three weakest rather than the three strongest?

That's why I like you guys...you're chaotic brilliant! :cool:

Mortis

First Post
I have no problem giving some of them access to domain spells, perhaps we could add the Earth domain to the list. ;)

Regards,
Mortis

Remove ads