• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think we've discussed revising the consume life force (making it negative levels, capping it); anyone want to rewrite it?

freyar

Consume Life Force (Su): For each negative level a soul beckoner bestows with its energy drain attack, the soul beckoner gains one negative level along with all attendant bonuses, up to a maximum of 6 negative levels. All such negative levels remain for 24 hours from the time they are gained.

How's that? A pretty simple change.

Cleon

Legend
Consume Life Force (Su): For each negative level a soul beckoner bestows with its energy drain attack, the soul beckoner gains one negative level along with all attendant bonuses, up to a maximum of 6 negative levels. All such negative levels remain for 24 hours from the time they are gained.

How's that? A pretty simple change.

Works for me.

freyar

Are we ready to revise skills and feats in that case? I didn't think there was too much else to do for these.

Cleon

Legend
Are we ready to revise skills and feats in that case? I didn't think there was too much else to do for these.

Sure!

Well, they're a form of Wraith, so they ought to have similar skills & feats:

Wraith
5 HD, Str Ø, Dex 16, Con Ø, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
Feats: Alertness (B), Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative (B)
Skills: Diplomacy +6, Hide +11, Intimidate +10, Listen +12, Search +10, Sense Motive +8, Spot +12, Survival +2 (+4 following tracks)

The Wraith's feats look OK to me.

A Soul Beckoner has Int 13 and 4 HD to a Wraith's Int 14 and 5 HD, so it'll have a lot fewer Skill Points - 35 instead of 48.

Wraith's have maxed-out (8 ranks) their Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Search and Spot skills, plus 2 SPs in Diplomacy and 6 SPs in Sense Motive.

Doing the equivalent for the Soul Beckoner, I'd max-out its Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Search, Sense Motive and Spot with 5 SPs each, that leaves it with only its Charisma and synergy bonuses for Diplomacy, but I have no problem with that.

Remove ads