Crimson Tide- Silver Marshes Campaign

Crimson Tide

First Post
Inside the Temple

Sir Alathar's stance relaxes slightly as each of you pledge your support to the High Court and as Magus Rhaine agrees to help, he opens the door for the strangely garbed gnome and herself.

"I am sure you will do fine Magus. I would not have selected you and Sergeant Grimaxe if I did not believe that."

As you enter the heart of the temple, a feeling of peace washes over you and while it could simply be your imagination, your steps feel lighter and your senses a bit sharper. The young acolyte once again approaches and bows slightly to your group before speaking.

"I will take you to High Moonmistress Lurialar. She is most anxious to speak with you all."

Turning around, the young man guides you towards the rear of the temple, his pace steady but slow enough that you can all see the religious icons and artwork the temple has. Many scenes depict Selune guiding those who are lost in the night to safety, as well as her constant struggles with a dark goddess who seeks to extinguish the light from the night sky. Smaller works show various silver animals, staring at the moon with a look of reverence on their features.

Passing through the heart of the temple, you enter the living quarters of the clergy where many of the silver robed acolytes pause and bow to you all as you pass by. Finally, the acolyte guides you to a small dining hall where a silver-haired half-elven woman stands waiting, a warm smile making her already beautiful features even more appealing.

"Thank you Laro, you may leave them in my care now."

With another quick bow to both the priestess and your group, Acolyte Laro walks out and closes the door to the kitchen behind him.

"There is much to discuss and sadly little time to do it. However, while Sir Alathar and myself know who you all are, I must imagine that you all are wondering who these strangers are that have came here today with you. So I do believe a proper introduction is in order. I am High Moonmistress Shalyssa Lurialar, current speaker for the High Court of Silverymoon and I am in your debt for the service you have agreed to undertake."

Dipping her head slightly to you all in a sign of respect, the high priestess motions to the chairs pulled away from the table.

"Please feel free to take a seat while we talk."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Dorn Grimaxe - Dwarven Ranger/Fighter

Walking briskly to a nearby chair Dorn gives an abbreviated bow, "Thank you, I am Dorn Grimaxe of the Silver Knights, and have to admit you have certainly roused my curiousity." Then taking a seat he waits for the others to sit while watching from the corner of his eyes.

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
After the High Priestess speaks, Lance begins to intorduce himself as he takes a seat. "As the Commander may have mentioned, my name is Lance, Lance Denian to be more specific. I am a bard of the north, where many of the folk have taken to calling me the 'Stormbard.' I've come to Silverymoon to find some old friends, forget other old friends, or lend a hand to some noble cause, whichever comes first. With our summons here it would seem the last of the three has won out."

wgreen

First Post
Bowing deeply, Rhaine says, "Rhaine Alanadel of the Spellguard, at your service, High Moonmistress." She feels at ease in the company of the priestess and, with a smile, joins Dorn at the table.

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Hammer, Gonsdforged Cleric

Hammer opts to stand, instead of taking a seat. "I am Hammer, Gond's humble servant and the tool by which he implements his will."

Crimson Tide

First Post
"As Mister Grimble was to modest to introduce himself, perhaps he will allow me the honor of doing so."

Walking to the heavily armed gnome, the Priestess Lurialar places her hands on his shoulders and continues speaking.

"Mister Jack Grimble has assisted the city in dealing with some of the larger threats that plague our lands from time to time. If I am not mistaken, you recently returned from a successful outing against three ogres? Furthermore, I am sure that he would be too modest to tell you all that he never allows us to send help with him on these outings."

Lifting her hands off of the gnome's shoulders, it seems as if the Selunite glides when she walks, each movement graceful and beautiful to see.

Walking over to the primitively dressed gnome, a stark contrast in every way from Jack, she subtly brought him away from Sir Alathar and into the fold at the table.

"Earthchild Folo Woodwalker is a child of the earth and while even I have a hard time getting him to talk, I assure you he will not hinder your efforts. However, I would advise that when you approach him, you let Digger see you approach."

As the smile slowly fades from her face, Priestess Lurialar's eyes grow hard and while her beauty is still there, any thoughts that the Priestess lacked the strength to be the speaker for the High Court quickly disappears.

"Recently Quaervarr was accepted into the Confederation and while on paper the town is seen as a full member, there are many that see it as little more than a simple logging town and nothing more. However while the town may be small, it does not lessen its importance in mine, or Selune's eyes."

Looking at Sir Alathar for a moment before she continued, the Knight Commander gave a slight nod and without a word left the room.

"It has been brought to the attention of the High Court that Quaervarr has been attacked several times over the past few weeks by a sect of Malarites who have moved into the heart of the Moonwoods. As Quaervarr has not officially asked for help with this matter, I do not have the right to request that a squadron of Silver Knights be assigned to the town, or even to have our Spellguards cast their divination spells to monitor the situation. While Selune grants me her gifts, she has not granted me the ability to have patience when it comes to protecting those in need."

Stepping closer to you all, the High Moonmistress' voice lowers to little more than a steely whisper.

"The Court, as well as some trusted voices outside of the Court, agreed that something must be done, damn the regulations, and you six were chosen for this task. We ask that you travel to Quarvarr, speak only to Geth Stonar of your true reason for being in town and tell everyone what you feel is best. Master Stonar is the Speaker for the city and while he may grumble at first, I am sure you can convince him that Silverymoon will not stand idle while one of our own is threatened. Once you are in Quaervarr, I leave it to your digression on how you assist those who live there. However, I know that Selune teaches us that to dispel the darkness, sometimes you have to carry the light to its heart."

Once again the Moonmistress paused and when she resumes speaking, her voice is a mixture of compassion and weariness.

"Although the Court has endorsed this, they are able to offer you all little in return. Sergeant Grimaxe and Magus Alanadel will still receive their wages while away, but any non-religious items the Malarites may possess are yours to divide amongst yourselves. Also, each church has donated what aide they could gather on a short notice, the church of Selune especially. I feel I have taken too much of your time already, but if you have questions I will answer them as best I can."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Jack reddens at the High Priestesses praise.

After she finishes giving us our mission, Jack clears his throat and says. "Um...scuse, my ignorance mam, but, um...Mall-or-Ites...those like, were-creatures and such? Rip your face, bite your head types?"

Crimson Tide

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
Jack reddens at the High Priestesses praise.

After she finishes giving us our mission, Jack clears his throat and says. "Um...scuse, my ignorance mam, but, um...Mall-or-Ites...those like, were-creatures and such? Rip your face, bite your head types?"

"As Selune opens her arms to those who seek to peacefully master the beast that resides in us all, Malar extends his bloody claws to those who give into the madness of beast. While it is possible that some, if not all of the cult are were-touched, the Beastlord has many spells that could give the caster the powers of lycanthropy for a short while also. Also even the lowest of priests among the Beastlord's faithful will be a dangerous fighter, as the weak do not survive long in Malar's presence."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Dorn Grimaxe - Dwarven Ranger/Fighter

"Malarites" The word is spit out with such venom most at the table are caught off guard. Shaking his head Dorn continues, "If they are involved then the situation is indeed desperate. Were or spell-shifter it is of no matter. They will grow like a disease till everything and everyone is infected with their blood lust." As he talks a grim expression crosses his face, even down to his eyes. "We can easily pose as an adventuring band, but we will need horses."

Remove ads