• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical Role Critical Role removes hundreds of YouTube videos and podcast episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I don't watch Critical Role so I don't have a dog in this race, but it's a good illustration of one of problems with digital media. I've still got a my Make It Big album by Wham on vinyl from 1984 I'm free to listen to whenever I want. Yeah, it's CR's product and they can do with it what they want, but I think it's a bit crummy to ruin it for their fans.
I'd say they haven't really ruined anything. They've just further distanced themselves from someone they should be distant from.

Jasperak

Adventurer
For those of us that aren't in the loop, what's going on? Why is this person being cancelled? I haven't heard about this anywhere else.

EDIT: Last I heard of Critical Role was during the OGL fiasco. Literally have no idea what's going on, but hundreds of videos being scrubbed means tonnes of history will be gone.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
For those of us that aren't in the loop, what's going on? Why is this person being cancelled? I haven't heard about this anywhere else.
Brian was emotionally and verbally abusive to Ashley Johnson for the last 2 1/2 years. He made veiled death threats. Tried to extort a few hundred thousand dollars from her. She had to file a restraining order. If you search for Ashley and news you’ll see a few articles.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Thank You overgeeked. After some quick reading, I truly hope justice is served for all parties involved. No one should ever have to live in fear of their life.

Dire Bare

Legend
I don't watch Critical Role so I don't have a dog in this race, but it's a good illustration of one of problems with digital media. I've still got a my Make It Big album by Wham on vinyl from 1984 I'm free to listen to whenever I want. Yeah, it's CR's product and they can do with it what they want, but I think it's a bit crummy to ruin it for their fans.
Without digital media, Critical Role would not exist at all.

Digital media has its pros and cons to physical media such as CD/DVDs . . . . but there is a lot of amazing content we would not have access to at all otherwise.

And, it's the state of media today. Opining about how physical media is superior . . . is like opining about the days of 8-tracks and cassette tapes.

Clint_L

Hero
The subject of Foster's abuse is a founding member and current cast member. I think her preferences have priority here.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Without digital media, Critical Role would not exist at all.

Digital media has its pros and cons to physical media such as CD/DVDs . . . . but there is a lot of amazing content we would not have access to at all otherwise.

And, it's the state of media today. Opining about how physical media is superior . . . is like opining about the days of 8-tracks and cassette tapes.
I don't see any problem with preferring an older form of media, no matter how popular the current form is.

But, that's very much not the topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads