• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical threat

Death

First Post
I know it has been answered many times, but I am not exactly sure what is the critical range of Keen scimitar with improved critical feat. Is it 12-20 or something else?

Li Shenron

Legend
Death said:
I know it has been answered many times, but I am not exactly sure what is the critical range of Keen scimitar with improved critical feat. Is it 12-20 or something else?

I think it's right:

base threat range 18-20 (3/20)

keen property 15-20 (6/20)
IC feat 15-20 (6/20)

both 12-20 (9/20)

plavi

First Post
Long version:
In the new DnD system, multipliers are added, not muliplied, for damage and other things.

So a x2 and a x3 multiplier is a total of a x4 multiplier.

Same for critical threat range, a doubled double is a triple.
So 18-20 becomes 15-20 becomes 12-20

Short version:
Yes

Regards :D

Taloras

First Post
Remember, if your a weapon master, you get Ki Critical(which stacks with Improved Critical), which would add +2 i think to your threat range....and make it a 10-20, or 50% chance of threatening. :D

Crothian

First Post
Taloras said:
Remember, if your a weapon master, you get Ki Critical(which stacks with Improved Critical), which would add +2 i think to your threat range....and make it a 10-20, or 50% chance of threatening. :D

55% actually

Remove ads