Critter Bits and Magic Recipes!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Heh. This thread reminds me of the story someone had in EnWorld where he once had parts of Dragons grant magical abilities when eaten, so the group would hunt down a Dragon, kill it, and start eating various organs for the ability. Then one someone felt a tingle of magic in his belly, he would call the others over and they'd gorge on that organ.

I like this thread, btw, I've always like the idea of using monster parts in various things [and attaching them as grafts, but that's a whole other subject :) ]. This thread is cool.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by BOZ
if you like the idea of grafts, check out Lords of Madness.

I have, and Libris Mortis, Fiend Folio, and Underdark... but even that isn't enough for me. I need more!

eris404

Explorer
Feathercircle said:
"[Stirge's] wings find occasional use in items (particularly potions) that enable the user to fly."

d'oh! I could have used that little tidbit last Saturday. The party was up against stirges and one of the players wanted to sell the uh, remains.

BOZ said:
one day (one day...) i plan on actually accomplishing something with all of this info!

What would that be? ;) If most of this stuff wasn't copyrighted, it would make a great PDF about the sale and use of critterbits. Having it all in one place is darn spiffy. :D

sckeener

First Post
Feathercircle said:
Here it is, as promised.

You don't happen to have another copy of the excel spreadsheet that includes the source? Makes it easier to justify to the players or DM if a source can be quoted.

Remove ads