Crossed Paths - Part I

Manzanita

First Post
On land again...

Four neandrathalls stand there. They had evidently seen flickers of light & movement in the water, but are shocked to see fully armored invaders emerge from the cove. They are initially surprised, but it takes a full round for you to get out of the water, given your chill, the water's resistance to fast motion, and the sandy, muddy ground.

Two of the neandrathalls, are males, armed with daggers and clubs. The other two, a man & a woman, carry the same weapons, but also wear hide armor. They stand about 15 feet away from the shore. The room is dimly lit by several torches along the walls.

Initiatives:
Marcus
Dhormium
Ehldannis
Neandrathals
Brioc
Octar

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Once out of the water, Dhormuin makes a prayer to Moradin, asking politely to bless him and his companions.

OOC: Cast Bless

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis begins to trace patterns in the air with his hands whilst he whispers strange words which despite their harsh, foreign sounds seem to comfort and lull.

[OOC: cast sleep, which is a full round action in 3.5E, to take effect just before his initiative next round. Ehldannis will aim the spell at those Neanderthals who are furthest from the party.]

doghead

thotd
If possible: Marcus throws one dagger, then the next if time allows as the party advances on the Neanderthals. If nothing else, it should keep them busy.

Allowing the rest of the party to sweep past him, Marcus draws his short sword and pushes forward to one side, planning to harass and distract from the flanks.

OOC: Daggar, thrown/+5/1d4/19-20x2, 10 ft
Short Sword, melee/+6/1d6/19-20x2

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Deciding it may be better to remain quiet, 'as backwards as that seems', Nathaniel will forego the usual battle call, and simply charge at the nearest neanderthal (expertising for 2, negating the non-movement effects of the charge)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

OOC: Thank you, Inez, for your sleep spell comment - I haven't read all the 3.5 details and didn't realize the spell had changed at all. I appreciate your keeping me aware of changes as we encounter them. Also, sorry, I evidently skipped Nathaniel on the initiave rolls. He will act directly after the Neandrathalls.

Marcus hurls his dagger, (at who? I'll determine randomly) striking one of the unarmored neandrathalls on the arm, causing a minor wound (1 hp dmg).

Ehldannis and Dhormium begin chanting spells. Dhormium's bless takes effect, and the party all feels a rush of courage.

The armored female shouts a brief command, and the wounded Neandrathall turns and flees. There are three obvious exits from this chamber, one about 20 feet to the west, one about 20 feet to the east, and one directly behind your opponents. It is into this hallway that he flees. Behind you to the South is the water.

The other unarmored neandrathall leaps to the attack, striking Dhormium with surprising skill (inflicting 4 points of dmg w/his club), the other two quickly chant, the female producing a ball of fire in her hand and sends its shooting towards Ehldannis, striking for 8 points of fire damage, and producing a cloud of steam from his wet body. Elhdannis, already weakened from the rocky underwater passage, loses consciousness (-4 hp), and his spell is lost.

Nathaniel charges at the female, but his cold-numbed limbs awkwardly cause his sword thrust to fall short.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Curses! A magic user! Brioc hurls himself at the armored woman, his blade slashing forwards as he tries to cut her down.

"Someone stop the fleeing man! We cannot afford to have the alarm raised!"

doghead

thotd
Marcus surges out of the water (as fast as is cold legs will carry him) and attemps to dodge around the back and after the fleeing Neanderthal.

This is madness, the great hulking brute will cut me down as a fast as think of it. If I can just catch him flat footed. Small chance of that though ....

Remove ads