• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
I guess I'm looking for a decision to either continue with the quest or to pursue Sergius. Or whatever else. In any case, a rough order of travel would be nice. Nathaniel's horse could be used to carry the captured weapons.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: ah, I forgot something that Octar was planning to do...

As the fire dies down, Octar turns to the others. "We have a mission to complete, and I do not feel it just to stray from it again for something as personal as vengeance. But when that quest is done..." he puts his hand over his heart, "I swear that I will hunt down Sergius myself. I do not ask you to join me," he continues, looking seriously at each of them, "but I cannot say your aid would be unwelcome."

Last edited:

Krilith

First Post
"Agreed Octar, we need to press on with our journey. When that is settled we can return. And lest we forget, we have this rare spearpoint that belonged to Sergius. We should study this piece some more too, I have seen magical weapons before, but somehow it seems that this piece means more to sergius than any orther 'common' magical weapon.
Let us break our fast before we ride, it is a good day to travel and we can put quite some distance between us and this dreadfull night"

~Dhormium turns in midcentence, the loss of Nathaniel's life and nearly his own still rattles him. He walks over to the small dieing campfire and starts prodding at the embers so he can warm up some water. Reaching over for his pack he retrieves some cheese~

"It's not good to grieve with and empty stomach lads, come sit with me and I’ll share with you my cheese, it's the finest cheese we have in The Hold."

ooc: corrected the name of the fallen comrad, thanks Thomas Hobbes

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Just as a friendly reminder, Ehldannis is alive and well, and Nathaniel is dead. :D

"Aye. But although we should make haste, I do not think it would be amiss to take a day or so out of our ride to deliver the weapons to those who need them," says Octar.

Whatever town takes the least time out of our quest, Sevastapol or otherwise, should get the assorted mundane non-masterwork weapons

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
"I agree with Octar. We should continue with the task we set out to do.

"And I have a feeling that Sergius will come looking for the spearpoint, and us. Let him do the hard work.

"We are all tired, but I think we should put some distance between ourselves and this place. If there is a town somewhat along the way, lets go that way. Otherwise, it can wait til our return."

ooc: voting to continue northwards. Marcus has become a little more comfortable in the saddle and has a little skill with Animals, he can lead Nathanials horse. That would leave the fighters and casters a bit freer. He would ride in the middle. But open to suggestions.

Manzanita

First Post
Sevastopol is the one day's ride South. You have been told of a town near the ruined city of which you seek. But you were told the inhabitants were not friendly. There are no other towns that you are aware of. The spearpoint is to hot to carry by hand or in a backpack, without some sort of protection.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis spends the night in a mournful vigil, opening himself to the world and letting the pain of loss flow freely from and into him. By morning he is exhausted but readies himself for the day with a cleansed spirit. As he goes about his morning chores and then striking camp he ponders the impact that the death of a human has had on him. The companionship of shared battle and adversity creates intense ties, I wonder if all human relationships are so quick to form depth? It would certainly explain much of the passionate nature of men....

"I also agree with Octar, we should press on with our quest, we have had distractions enough from our goal and this Sergius will surely seek us out will we or not. I think the townsfolk of Sevastapol will do without the weapons for a while though, why else did we allow ourselves to be distracted by the Wendol if not to leave those folk able to protect themselves. I say we press on, the fate of many may rest on our speed."

[OOC: Manzanita, if feasible can we tie the speartip to one of the ransacked weapons so that it can be carried easily?]

doghead

thotd
ooc: otherwise, wrap it between two pieces of leather or hide from the orcs - assuming that any is left. It would probably be better out of sight.

Manzanita

First Post
Mendicus

Mendicus seems unusually somber after this battle. He packs up the camp silently. Once the party is prepared to go, Mendicus takes one of the roman longswords Marcus has gathered. "I will use this now. I believe I can use it with what Master Octar has taught me." Listening to the conversation about the spearpoint, he says, " I could put that spearpoint in my cooking pot, and wrap it in a blanket. Bulky, but it could be carried on a horse."

either of the other suggestions is feasible as well. Just decide who will carry it, or which horse it will be on

Last edited:

Krilith

First Post
~Laughs softly at mendicus' remark~

"Smart thinking! from what I've tasted so far, the things comming out of that pot never promise to be too good for you, neither does this spearpoint. It will feel right at home. Shall I take the pot on today's ride? A dwarf is never easily affected by ill magic."

~Dhormium awaites the response of the others, and goes about to gather his belongings together. When he aproaches the horse he whispers softly ~

"Horse.....Now I know that you don't like me on your back as much as I'm not that happy with being on your back. But lets try and make the best of it"

~Dhormium glances around to see if anybody noticed his little private conversation, reaches for the reigns and walks back to camp~

"The sun is climbing up into the sky, we are wasting time that should be used for traveling. And who shall handle to pot?"

Remove ads