Crossed Paths, Part II

doghead

thotd
Marcus is a little taken a back by subsequent suggestions. He hadn't really considered splitting up. But it did have some advantages.

"Thank you Dhormium. But my reasons for going into town are fairly trivial. The only one that is significant enough to make it worthwhile would be the possibility of finding out a little more about the spearpoint. As I understand it, Ehldannis is the only one who could make a decision as to whether there is anyone in the town capable of doing that."

Marcus glances at Ehldannis, then at Dhormium (wondering for a moment if the dwarf also had that kind of knowledge. Marcus knows little about spellcasting. If he has slighted the dwarf, he will apologises.) If the Ehldannis would rather not go, there isn't really any reason pressing enough to split the party.

"And assuming Brioc agrees of course."

Manzanita

First Post
Although I admit, I can't seem to find the actual post, i'm pretty sure I posted an opinion of the town given to Brioc and perhaps others by Tuli, the merchant ranger of Sevastopol. She said the locals were primitive and likely to want to have you for dinner. This is only second hand information, though, as she has never been in these parts, only heard stories from her father years ago. In general, such things as tindertwigs and tanglefoot bags are unlikely to found outside the borders of the empire.

Tullius was also under that impression from conversations with Matriculus and Sergius, although he is not aware that either of them actually visited.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
"I believe we would be better served by returning to Sevastopol and consulting Burne (or was it Rufus? :\ ) for further divination on the spearhead. Needless to say that would be a significant distraction from our course, right now the spear is nothing more than a curiousity. Let us make our camp here as secure as possible and reenter these warrens as soon as is possible."

Jarval

Explorer
"I agree that for now we should avoid the town. If we limit ourselves to scouting our surroundings, and perhaps a brief venture back into the caves, myself and Dhormium should be able to heal everyone's wounds before we meet again with G'ruk." Brioc says.

"And Octar has a point, we should keep an eye on the entry to the tunnels. Should Sergius or his allies return, they may try to return to the cave where they found the spear. I'd rather that they didn't speak with the lizardfolk before we see G'ruk."

doghead

thotd
Marcus nods to acknowledge Brioc's decision.

If there is any scouting being done, he will volunteer for it. Otherwise, he keeps himself busy seeing to his horse, checking his gear once again, and if anyone is up for it, sparing with weapons. The gentle sounds and shadows of the forest are a welcome change from the tunnels, which Marcus knows that they will again have to crawl down into. But somehow, he is still restless and unsettled. Keeping busy helps him keep his mind to occupied to bother about it.

ooc: Is Marcus all healed up? I seem to remember a post saying that he was, but then things changed a bit (I think).

Manzanita

First Post
the entry to the tunnels is about a quarter mile from the aspen grove. Watches are arranged. At one point in the night, the sentry notices several humanoid figures emerge from the steps and look around, then turn back & head back underground. Morning comes.

PC hps down from max, after everyone heals 4 hps over night:
Brioc down 14, Tullius down 11, wolf down 4, Octar down 19, Dhormium down 15. Marcus, Ehldannis, and Mendicus at max.

Krilith

First Post
~With the rising of the sun Dhormium rises as well. As he stands he tests his still remaining aches and paines that Clangedin still needs to patch him up, later...but, that will require a little worshipping.
The regret of not sleeping underground this night no longer troubles him.

Now that the dwarf is standing, tall as best he can, he is the tallest person standing at this moment after all, he walks over to the remains of yesterdays fire to poke on the embers a bit adds some extra wood to get a fire going and some water to boil.
Now that is settled, the dwarfs returns to his bedroll places his axe ceremoniously on the ground and starts worshipping his god....and the axe as well, but that is just for good luck.

After breakfast he will tend to the wounds and his boots, batguano...Why didn't Brioc just take the other way through the tunnel? I was in way over my knees even.~

Manzanita

First Post
OK, we're stagnating a bit. It looks like our fearless leader indicated that the brave band should return to the caves. If so, any spells (healing?) to be cast before you set out (see list of hps lost above)? Any precautions or directions as you re-enter?

Jarval

Explorer
(OoC: I was really planning to spend today scouting the surrounding woodland for any signs of trouble, then head down into the caves the next day to do some subterranean scouting. The day after that we meet with G'ruk (IIRC). If I'm a day out on the timing, we can always skip the below ground checks.

If we spend the day scouting the woodland, Brioc's going to use all of his 1st and 2nd level spells available for today on healing himself and his companions to as close to full health as he can manage. He'll also convert four of his five 0-level spells to
Cure Minor Wounds (along with one Detect Magic), but keep them in reserve for an emergency.)

Remove ads