• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk thinks awhile on Ehldannis' request. At last he says. "The writing said 'Cast the blood of man on troubled waters.' That is all. Perhaps I could show you the place. It can be dangerous in the ruins, and I don't want to go until I am fully healed. But perhaps we could go together. Perhaps you can find what I have not. Tell me. what do you come here for? Are you merely hunting for treasure, or do you have other goals?"

eoghanbt

First Post
After being tended to, and apparently assured that his arm will not, in fact, fall off, Tullius has listened, quietly, to this exchange. Intent, but standing off to one side, occasionally walking towards the exit to make sure that nothing huge and slimy has taken the opportunity to sneak up..

Inez Hull

First Post
"Perhaps the statement is not meant to be taken literally. It could be read many ways if you took 'The blood of man' and 'troubled waters' as metaphors. Perhaps 'throw money at the problem', simplistic of course and somewhat cynical in my outlook of humanity but it could be made to fit the case. Of course if it is a metaphor it could mean anything, but best we be aware of the possibility at least."

"Brioc, can you ask where G'ruk came across the writing and in which language."

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

"It will take me two whole days to fully recover from the wounds you have inflicted. But then let us meet here again three days hence, or wherever you desire, and go together to view the insciption, which is in the ancient Greek language. Perhaps together we can find more secrets of the ruins."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar can contain himself no longer. "We're letting him go?!" he says, astonishment warring with his instincts to keep his voice down. It comes out as a strained wisper. "This beast just set his hounds upon us, intending to use us a blood sacrafice, and we're just going to set him free? Have you all gone mad?" Octar looks at his companions, an incredulous look on his face.

doghead

thotd
Marcus can't say that the same thought didn't cross his mind.

He wonders if they will live to regret it if they let him go. On the other hand, the lizard man may be good for his word, and his help the help they need to complete the task set them.

Luckily, its Brioc's call. :p

Jarval

Explorer
"We are letting him go." Brioc says firmly in a tone that brooks no argument. "He is a cousin, a druid like myself, and he has given his word that he will do no more harm to us. I have already agreed to this, and you will be bound by my decision. He is still free to defend himself, so I would advise against attempting to attack him before he departs."

He turns back to G'ruk, not waiting for a reply from his companions.

"We will meet you here in three days, and we will investigate the ruins of which you speak. Do not attempt to trick us, for you have seen our might and the power of the blade I carry. Go now in peace, and gods give you speed." He helps the lizardman to his feet as he speaks.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

G'ruk stands, with Brioc's assistance. He bows at the Britain, and glances at the rest with his impenitrable crocodile face. At about this point, the two sleeping lizardmen awake. G'ruk barks an order, and they hurry to him, assisting him as he slowly limps out the door, headed for the surface.

It's now 11 am or so. If you wish to stop here, and spend the rest of the day resting and practicing your skills, that would be fine, & I would assign experience. If you plan to rest now, would it be here or on your aspen grove with your horses? You should also feel free to continue.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar opens his mouth as if to say something, and then snaps shut. His lips press into a thin line. “Yes sir,” he says tersely, appalled at the decision, that Brioc could call this barbaric thing cousin, but too well trained to do anything but follow orders. He sets about maintaining his weapons and armor and binding his numerous wounds. He speaks little, and only when necessary.

All for resting here. Octar’s pretty beat up and we’re all out of spells.

Remove ads