• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
Gruk

Gruk sniffs the food, then eats it hungrily. "Orcs don't work for the ritual. I've tried. That is why I didn't use the mongrel. He knew about it, I think. He also went up the river. There are guardians, dangerous ones. I don't think he got much. Not more than he could fit in a pack."

"The kingdom extends as far as the fist of the King, as they say."

It's only about 10 am, although, nothing keeping you from spending the night here. Let me know if you're ready to roll the day along.

doghead

thotd
Manzanita said:
It's only about 10 am, although, nothing keeping you from spending the night here. Let me know if you're ready to roll the day along.

ooc: Marcus is all cured up and ready to roll. Its up to the spell casters. They have to wait for a new day before they can get their spells back, don't they? Humm. 14 hours ...

Jarval

Explorer
"Ah, a shame." Brioc says, although it's not clear if he's talking about the unsuitability of orcs or Sergius' survival. He passes on Dhormium's request, then adds his own questions.

"Do you know anything of these guardians? What makes them so dangerous? Do you know what they watch over?"

(OoC: We're now pretty much out of healing spells, and a number of us are still somewhat wounded, IIRC. But staying where we are might be less of a viable option if we're still in the morning.)

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

"The guardian seems to be some sort of giant Octopus. The tenticles come out of the water & drag the intruders to the depths. Even we lizardfolk never return. I don't know how the mongrel survived. There are many hidden paths in these halls, and many treasures to find. The octopus has collected some in this cove, I suspect. But my advice, cousin, if you are interested, is to look somewhere else. Or find me a proper sacrifice."

Ehldannis does have paper & ink. On it, G'ruk draws the following rough map. "Leave though the door through which you entered this room, go left. This passageway goes north, then west, then turns south & heads down a stairway. That is point 'x' on this map. The star is about where the chamber is, up the river."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ooc: assuming Brioc is passing on Gruk's comments

Gruk's linking the ritual to the creature gets Marcus' attention. He would rather not fight some great slimy tenticle creature.

"What is the connection between the ritual and the tenticle creature?"

If the ritual was intended to rid the area of the creature, then perhaps the lizard folk would consider working with them to dispatch it.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

"Ah, I'm not sure what the ritual would really accomplish, if anything. I found some writing that seemed to suggest that man's blood on the water would allow us to collect that treasure. It seemed worth a try."

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis's interest is suddenly piqued, "Brioc, ask him if we may see the writings he is refering to, or any other writings he has found in these ruins come to think of it."

Remove ads