• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

eoghanbt

First Post
Tulius has spent this time bandaging his arm, and forehead. While no longer open gaping wounds, the wounds did not completely vanish. He glances sidelong, listening to the interrogation of Gruk, weapons on the ground, content to be present and no additional questions coming to mind.

doghead

thotd
Marcus nods at the wisdom of Ehldannis' suggestion. No need to aggriavate the Lizard folk more than necessary.

Odd thought that Marcus, considering they were attempting to kill us.

Marcus consider the little haul of loot at his side, then slowly pushes it into a pile for the sleepering lizard folk to gather up when they are released*.

He considers the dead ones.

Their stuff should be fair game by rights ...

He sighs and leaves it alone.

When did you become so covertous, Marcus?

When people started trying to kill me,
comes the reply. Marcus is a little stunned at the promptness of the responce. Seems to fit though. He starts to wonder what the connection is, then decides he is too tired to go there.

He decides to practice his healing on Tullius (he helps the wounded Roman set his bandages) rather than brood on it. If it looks bad, he'll ask Brioc about using his last arcane healing.

ooc: * anything of interest? just curious.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
The dead lizardmen have nothing of value, merely their clubs, shields and darts and some gross-looking food. Gruk does have two crocodile skin pouches on his harness, but if you'd like to search those, post IC.

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc thinks for a moment, then nods at Gruk's words.

"I understand you can promise no more than that. Very well, we shall free you once we have rested." He then relays Ehldannis's question to Gruk.

(OoC: If anyone else wants to question Gruk, Brioc will happily translate. Just assume he gives Gruk the gist of any question anyone else asks.)

Manzanita

First Post
Gruk

"I will tell you what you wish to know, then direct you as best I can. This seems a fair bargain for a defeated foe. You ask about the Mongrel. I do not know his name, but he was dressed as a soilder. He was with a group who came recently. The rest stayed above, he came below alone. He knew where he was going. I met him in a different place, near the underground river. There we surrounded him. In exchange for this band of gold, I let him pass unmolested. He crawled along the wall up the river. It is a dangerous place, & we did not follow. He emerged & climbed back up his rope. He was not a human as you, but of orc blood. Soon, more orcs came to the area above. Thus provoked, the King had them destroyed. I was not involved in that operation, though."

doghead

thotd
Manzanita said:
The dead lizardmen have nothing of value, merely their clubs, shields and darts and some gross-looking food. Gruk does have two crocodile skin pouches on his harness, but if you'd like to search those, post IC.

ooc: Nah, Marcus stripped the stuff of the sleeping ones to keep them from causing trouble when they woke up. Thats the "little haul of loot" I was refering to. I don't think rummaging around Gruk's pouches would be a good call here. :p

"Can he direct us to the place that Sergius went?

"And what was so dangerous about it?

and yeah, how big is this kingdom we have found ourselves in?

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium stands up, and walks over to where gruk is being questioned. He hands over his waterflask and a piece of bread. indicating with hang gestures that he can eat and drink this~

"Here, have this, eat...."

~Now turning to his companions~

"Give him a moment, I know you are all eager for answers, i myself have some too but we will all be here for the night, so there will be time for questions and hopefully good answers later."

Jarval

Explorer
Quickly translating his friend's questions and (rather unnecessarily) Dhormium's offer of food, Brioc takes a seat on the stone floor, sitting cross legged facing Gruk.

"How large is your kingdom?" He asks curiously. "It sounds like your people control a sizeable area, to say the least." He pauses a moment to think, then cautiously continues on another topic.

"The ritual for which you wanted one of my companions... Does it have to be a human you use for it? If we were to help you capture, for example, an orc, would that suffice?"

Remove ads