Crossed Paths, Part II

Inez Hull

First Post
Manzanita said:
Surprise initiative with party.

[OOC:Umm... is that us or them who has surprise. The post sounded like they do, but I read the above as we do.]

Ehldannis will look to get in a position where he can cast Burning Hands on a mass of the centipedes without getting overwhelmed or putting his companions in range of the spell.

Manzanita

First Post
I was giving the party the initiative. I wasn't even sure it would end up being a fight, but it looks like it will be. I'll put up a map, here, after a few more actions are posted, or tomorrow...(getting sleepy, now)

doghead

thotd
At Octars shout, Marcus stiffens and shifts his weight into a firing position. He brings the crossbow up and rests it across his left arm, so that he can both hold the lantern and shoot. Its a little awkward but it'll have to do.

... and a hand crossbow. So its a hand axe and hand crossbow when we get to the next town.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium is taken aback a bit by the centipedes and their numbers and tries to close the door as quickly as possible, or tries to keep the remaining gap as small as possible so that his comrades can kill the centipedes that got wedged in the door~

ooc: considering this is a surprise round, how can the centipedes start moving already, or is it that we just won initiative?

Manzanita

First Post
Centipede Chapel

Dhormium and Brioc manage to slam the door close before and spells are cast or any centipedes reach the opening.

See OOC thread for comentary on this encounter. Then, do continue.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium tries to suppress a sign of relief as he leans against the door. He makes sure the door won’t open by itself and stands up and helps Brioc to his feet.

“Bah, ‘lizard cuisine’, I can’t stomach all those little feet and I strongly advise you not to even try them with those tender bellies of yours! Do you think G’ruk is in his chamber? It would save us a trip through that dreadful goo! We could take a little peek along that other corridor as long as we are here. If not, lets get cleaned up again, this smell is getting at me”

~those last few words spoken clearly state the dwarfs idea of having walked through the muck for nothing and being forced to clean his gear up, again!~

Manzanita

First Post
Glancing into the room where the party first encountered G'ruk, they find it basically empty. The bodies have been removed, and no one is there. The once-secret door is still closed as Marcus left it.

Let me know if you go through the door or retrace your steps around.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus breathes a sigh of relief as the door is closed and lowers his crossbow. But he keeps a eye on the door for a while to be sure that nothing is going to come through it as the others work their way away from it. He is about to ask what they saw when he remembers G'ruk mentioning the origins of the centipedes that the slinkies were eating.

"What, not hungry?"

Remove ads